Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Body Panel Hardware

Desert Mariner

Question

Hi, Folks

I'm building up a spares kit for the T7. Is there a good source for the body panel screws and plastic pushbutton fasteners? I realize I could substitute hex buttonhead screws with washers. I like the OEM torx fasteners.

Any other spare bits that seem to fall off these bikes or get lost on the side of the road during repairs that I should consider? I just need a couple of each for my trail/touring kit.

Dave

10 answers to this question

any auto parts store should have an assortment of styles and sizes..this is what all cars are using to fasten plastics these days. I've replaced several on my t7 with whatever looked close and they're working just fine. 

I ordered spare screws and washers for my side panels after I lost 2 because of my rushing and not re-checking my assembly!  I ordered them from yamaha at $5.00can each!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Colddog said:

I ordered spare screws and washers for my side panels after I lost 2 because of my rushing and not re-checking my assembly!  I ordered them from yamaha at $5.00can each!

😬 I figured that might be the case. I pretty much guessed that getting the panel screws from Yamaha would result in getting screwed on the price!

@Camel ADV I'm wondering if you have a cheaper source for the torx body panel screws. When I installed my Camel Gut Guard I was pleased to see that you included the same screws (as the body panels) with the plate. Nice touch, by the way, and another reason for choosing your aftermarket products over others. Although you could have supplied hex head button screws, you chose to supply a screw that would use the same tool as many other fittings on the bike.

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Desert Mariner said:

😬 I figured that might be the case. I pretty much guessed that getting the panel screws from Yamaha would result in getting screwed on the price!

@Camel ADV I'm wondering if you have a cheaper source for the torx body panel screws. When I installed my Camel Gut Guard I was pleased to see that you included the same screws (as the body panels) with the plate. Nice touch, by the way, and another reason for choosing your aftermarket products over others. Although you could have supplied hex head button screws, you chose to supply a screw that would use the same tool as many other fittings on the bike.

The Euro head hex/Tork bolts are hard to find and quite limited in dimensions so we can't always do it but we do when we can. I don't know anywhere you'd be able to buy those at a reasonable price in small quantities.

I usually just buy Track or Pro Packs from Bolt. It's a good assortment of sizes and styles. https://boltmotorcyclehardware.com 

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

1 hour ago, Camel ADV said:

The Euro head hex/Tork bolts are hard to find and quite limited in dimensions so we can't always do it but we do when we can. I don't know anywhere you'd be able to buy those at a reasonable price in small quantities.

I usually just buy Track or Pro Packs from Bolt. It's a good assortment of sizes and styles. https://boltmotorcyclehardware.com 

Thanks, Cory! All I needed was the name of the bolt type! Now that I know what to search for, they are easy to find with a google search: Euro style torx flange bolts. None of the ones I'm finding are identical to the T7 body panel bolts, but they'd all work just fine combined with an "m6 nylon shoulder washer" 

Dave

• Like 2

I put me a little set together at www.partzilla.com 

Most time they have everything oem and it is cheaper then the Yamaha dealer

Patrick

I put a tail tidy on, and scavenged a bunch of those screws from that. It's incredible how much goes into the factory tail assembly. Plus it looks cooler now. 

Edited by SpankyPineapple
  • Like 4

If you want exact oem parts check out partzilla! I got plenty of spares from them

• Like 1