Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

pro taper adventure bars, too much sweep!

cameron

Question

I installed  Pro Taper Adventure handlebars and they kill my wrists! seems like these bars have massixe sweep compared to my stock bars. I do like the added height but I'm probably going to switch back to the stock bars.

are there any tall bars out there with less sweep? I would prefer an even flatter bar than the stock units.

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

6 answers to this question

You can add bar risers if you just want a bit more height. 

Edited by Shift_T700

and im complaining about the stock bar that in my opinion has to much sweep.

but i have not looked in to new bars jet.

ill watch this threat to see if someone has advice as well 🙂

• Members

The stock bar dimensions are below - you are most interested in the "E" dimension - the sweep.  This is 55mm on stock, compared to 81mm on the ProTaper Adventure bends. 

You can go to Renthal or ProTaper's site and look up dimensions on other bars to find one that meets your need.  I like flatter bars too, and usually end up with a flatter motocross bar for less sweep, coupled with bar risers to get the right height.

Stock Bars:

Width -  A = 780 mm

Height - B = 79 mm

Rise - C = 56-58 mm

Clamp Area - D = 157 mm

Sweep - E = 52 mm

Control Area - F = 226 mm 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RobR said:

The stock bar dimensions are below - you are most interested in the "E" dimension - the sweep.  This is 55mm on stock, compared to 81mm on the ProTaper Adventure bends. 

You can go to Renthal or ProTaper's site and look up dimensions on other bars to find one that meets your need.  I like flatter bars too, and usually end up with a flatter motocross bar for less sweep, coupled with bar risers to get the right height.

Stock Bars:

Width -  A = 780 mm

Height - B = 79 mm

Rise - C = 56-58 mm

Clamp Area - D = 157 mm

Sweep - E = 52 mm

Control Area - F = 226 mm 

thank you!  great info.

I rotated my bars back a few degrees and it's way more comfortable but I'll keep looking for different options.  So far Renthol Fatbar trials 110 829-01 looks promising but it's out of stock everywhere

Untitled.jpg

I have the renthal fatbar  ktm high. Perfect for me, I like flatter bars without sweep. No issues with the height either.  

Screenshot_20210829-203821_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bd6a3aeab85ba59c6bf243c04372ab19.jpg

Edited by Canadian-t7
  • Like 1