Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

190kg wet weight T700?

al700

The full wet weight of the Tenere 700 must be around 205 kg. What would take to drop it to 190?

1. Lithium battery -2kgs?

2. Aftermarket exhaust -4kgs?

3. after market tubeless wheels -3kgs?

4. ?

Light tyres. Some tyres weight 8 kg or more, others around 6 kg.

And put nitrogen in it, in stead of air...🤪

• Moderators

You can also ditch the passenger footpegs, ABS system including pump, Charcol Canister, rear fender (slim it down), wind screens, reflectors, and spare fuses 😉

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Sc project titanium headers and can is already 5kgs less. A lithoum battery 2kgs less. So already it is @198kgs. Tubeless wheels may drop this to 195kgs...

Assuming wet weight of 204kg is the measurement with 90% of gasoline (14.4lt) the bike empty of gasoline will weight approximately 11kg less (around 10.7kg)  Riding with 1lt of gasoline (0.7kg) the bike will weight 194kg.

My bike has a further weight reduction of around 5lbs (~2.3kg) due to cameladv exhaust mod. That brings us to 191.7kg.

I have ridden the bike in this state explicitly to check the weight reduction benefits on tarmac and on forest roads. 

Personally for my driving skills I did not find the reduction of this amount of weight enough to justify the cost and the trouble.

Comparing with my DR650SE which weights around 170 kg full the difference is obvious when trying to lift the bikes from ground or on difficult situations that require statically stabilization (uphill on gravel road with multiple ditches eg).

Edited by snpl

Mine was down to 187kg ...there is a thread here where I documented everything...

that was not proven weight but calculated...at the end of the thread you'll see my mods and how much each item has dropped in weight .

Aleks

• Like 1

By far the easiest (and cheapest) way to lighten your bike is to drink less beer and eat fewer pies! No offence intended.

Edited by Tigerjohn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Alpina tubeless wheels weigh Front wheel 5147gr and Rear wheel 6784gr...How much are the stock wheels?

Full exhaust, lithium battery, tail tidy and tubeless wheels I think can drop the weight around 10-15 kgs...

1 hour ago, Tigerjohn said:

By far the easiest (and cheapest) way to lighten your bike is to drink less beer and eat fewer pies! No offence intended.

It makes sense. If you carry less beer and pies on your bike then it will be lighter, better performance and handling, better braking and much easier to pickup. Thanks for the tip.

4 hours ago, Tigerjohn said:

…Bit where is the fun in that?😆

• Like 4