Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Euro5 crashbars

Tasslehoff

Hi everyone, finally after 7500 Km on my T7 I'm looking for crashbars, maybe I'm late, but better late than never 😅

I really don't want the OEM Yamaha crashbars (they're ugly imho, they seem like some sort of Ferengi ears, here for those who are not Star Trek fans) so I was looking for alternatives, but I found some serious problems because my T7 is a 2021 Euro5 model and for what I saw many crashbars are not compatible with the Euro5 catalytic thinghy.

Let's make a list:

• Adventure Spec specific euro4+5 model are NOT compatible (LINK)
  • SW Motech MAYBE? I found no information on their site, does anyone have some information?  seems ok but they have new version soon available. (LINK)
  • Heed probably compatible (LINK)
  • Touratech upper/tank part ok (LINK), lower/engine NOT ok (LINK)
  • Outback Motortek are OK, but you have to remove or cut the catalytic converter skidplate 🤔 (following more details)

Does anyone tried the Outback Motortek crashbars with Euro5 T7?
How's the result with that catalytic converter skidplate?

Do you know other options?

Thanks

[EDIT]
Added links and made some sort of summary for anyone interested.

Edited by Tasslehoff

Seems that SW Motech are compatible atleast it is listed when you search the 2021 DM11 model. The crossbar is flat and looks like it goes just above the cathalytic converter.

Heed bunker seems that it does not have the crossbar at all so probably compatible too.

Have a look at Touratech....they look pretty tidy on the T7, they're strong and, unusually for Touratech, aren't too expensive.

Edited by Tigerjohn

I can confirm that the Heed Bunker bars are compatible with the Euro 5 headers. My bike has tipped over a number of times and the bars protected the body well.

• Like 1

SW Motech is also compatible. I have it installed and there is about 5 mm clearance between the crossbar and headers.

• Like 1

Adventure Spec have Euro 5 specific bars. 
SW motech told me theirs wouldn’t fit but they have new ones in pipeline.

Touratech said uppers fine lowers no…

I’m still trying to decide! Then You add skid plate compatibility…

I fitted an Hepco-Becker Rally yesterday, looking good and doesn't mount on the engine.

<p>Ideal for extreme terrain: the tank guard Rally, which stands out due to its 5-point connection to the motorcycle frame and additional stiffening plates at the lower node. The 2-fold front joining and bolting of the...

IMG_20210908_202950.jpg

• Like 1

First of all let me thanks everyone for any information and contribution on this thread.

I made some research specifically on Outback Motortek because their crashbars are the most interesting for me, first of all because they are well documented (on youtube they published several videos regarding mounting instructions and tests), they seems well made, they have good mounting points, they have a lot of dealers all over the world (I'm from Italy and I just payed a ton of custom taxes because I bought products outside EU) and also because I love the red ones (I chose the competition white color and red crashbars fits perfectly imho).

I contacted them and they replied almost instantly (awesome customer care), the catalytic converter interference is very small, the crashbar barely touch the catalytic converter plate, they sent me this picture; they said that the contact between the two parts is so tiny that you only have to bend a little bit the border of the catalytic converter plate, my concern is that these two parts are so close that can cause noise or vibrations by an occasional contact between them.

20210909-154617.jpg

Recently they also added to their catalogue the new euro 5 reinforced skidplate (LINK) which protects very well the catalytic converter (you only have to remove the plate) and fits perfectly with the lower crashbars

20210909-154941.jpg

I hope this will help, I think I'll go with these crashbars and skidplate.

Edited by Tasslehoff
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just an update, I finally bought Outback Motortek crash bars combo and the new euro 5 skid plate because I don't want to bend or cut anything of the original pieces.

I'm really impressed, they look amazing and super sturdy.
The euro 5 skid plate covers the catalytic converter way better than the original plate, and do not interfere at all with the lower part of the crash bars.

Considering the weight of the two pieces I think I added around 8 Kg to my bike, honestly I can feel them (specially now on the first few trips after the installation, after that I think I'll get perfectly used to it) and it's not all bad.
It feels like I lowered a little bit the weight balance of the bike, and on tarmac I feel the bike more stick to the road than before and I feel more confident specially on corners; on the other hand the front wheel feels a little bit heavier and less agile.

Please note these are really subtle feeling, basically the bike remained the same, but once you made 10k Km on a certain configuration you get used to it and you can feel every little change.

Let me know if someone has some doubts or requests regarding these two products, but don't ask me about install procedures because I get them installed by my Yamaha official dealer during my 2nd service (I don't have good quality dynamometric wrenches and I don't felt confident enough to do the job myself).

spacer.png

• Like 1

I got a euro 5 and got the heed basic, it's all I need tbh and it looks good doing it. It's also like 50% cheaper than competitors and the build quality is superb. 

I tried a t7 with the SW's and my knees hit it, can't imagine that being comfortable after a while. 

20211122_170023.jpg

Edited by Boyca
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I also have the euro 5 model and I mounted the complete Heed kit, also compatible with the central stand.
Very simple assembly, even aesthetically they are not bad.

2 hours ago, Ector81 said:
I also have the euro 5 model and I mounted the complete Heed kit, also compatible with the central stand.
Very simple assembly, even aesthetically they are not bad.

And you can get fitting bags as well for 50 euros.