Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere topbox/case

cabby

• Premium Member

Couple of questions: Does anyone have the Yamaha Topbox/case that can be bought with the bike ? If so, what make is it ? It looks very much like the Givi Outback 42 ? and given the price it seems I could buy a 58 for the same price that the Yamaha one is costing, can anyone confirm ?? 

Hi my Givi Outback Trekker in 42 size fits just perfect on the Yamaha rear rack.

Cheers Steve

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Stephen H said:

Hi my Givi Outback Trekker in 42 size fits just perfect on the Yamaha rear rack.

Cheers Steve

I seen the photos of your bike, I thought that was a 58, it looks huge. 

Mine top box its from Kappa (Givi clone)and it has 48L, for me the right size. Its sitting on the original Yamaha rear bracket. It carries mine Nexx xwed2 XL helmet and the jacket (I havent tried with the Winter linners yet...).

The 58L box its very handy for carring 2 helmets but too much wide for our bikes. T7 its a narrow bike, with a narrow front screen.

• Like 1

Cabby my box does look big but I can assure you its the smaller of the Givi boxes and I think the bikes small dimensions make it look bigger. I think the 58 would just look too big.

Cheers Steve

• Like 1