Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Handle Bar Replacement

Innocente46

Hi

I want to swap out the standard bars for some black ones, preferably Pro taper. 

I am aware that not all will work as the controls section of the bend may not be enough on some bars.

I have a 2018 Husky FE501 which I really like the bars position of. However, I don't want to loose any height over the standard T7 bars. I see that the Pro taper bars have a controls area length of 210mm, which looks to be the most, from what I can see anyway.

QUESTION: Anyone swapped out the bars? Can anyone give me some indication on which bars work, as in similar height and enough straight sections for the controls? Anyone know the bars height of the standard T7 bars?

Bars Info.JPG

Edited by Innocente46
typo

• Innocente46 changed the title to T7 Handle Bar Replacement

caught this in another post:

Stock Bars:

Width -  A = 780 mm

Height - B = 79 mm

Rise - C = 56-58 mm

Clamp Area - D = 157 mm

Sweep - E = 52 mm

Control Area - F = 226 mm 

I replaced my bent stock bars with the SX Race as that was the closest I could find in stock a couple months ago.

1 hour ago, sracer said:

caught this in another post:

Stock Bars:

Width -  A = 780 mm

Height - B = 79 mm

Rise - C = 56-58 mm

Clamp Area - D = 157 mm

Sweep - E = 52 mm

Control Area - F = 226 mm 

I replaced my bent stock bars with the SX Race as that was the closest I could find in stock a couple months ago.

Thanks for that! That gives me the info I need.

So with your SX Race bars, you obviously had enough room to re-mount all your controls and what not?

yes, no issue. I have the bar clamp mounts for the (Cycra) handguards but there would be room if you wanted to use the regular clamps.

2021-09-01_8-10-22.jpg

• Like 1