Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

G'day from Tasmania

Spike4379

Heya ladies and gents!

Just thought I'd come say hello now that I am sure this will be my final motorcycle. I have a tenere ordered since 19th july and cannot wait until she arrives! I never have been adventure riding before but always looked at those dirt roads you see off the sides of mainroads with utter lust, So I sold my bike and now have to do the dreaded wait. being a shorter 5'6 I know it will be a challenge but if bret tcaks can do it, so can I.

I look forward to talk to you all and maybe bumping into someone from down here one day!

• Like 3

Nice one bud. And a bonus height too, as you will probably not suffer the buffeting some of us get from the screen👍. I envy your terrain. We lost most of our green lanes over here in uk. Hope I’ll see the Southern Hemisphere on mine one day. 🤞🤘

• Like 1

Hello from South Australia mate!  I'm a touch less than 5'8" nowadays - initially thought the bike tall but no longer do, it's perfect for us shorter riders.  I've also come from a loooooong history of road bikes and this is my first foray in to proper adventure riding (I did own a GS but hardly went anywhere but to and from work).  It's a whole new world and the T7 will not disappoint - will be worth the wait - when do you estimate it's coming?  Also what colour?

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

10 minutes ago, RIDER GUIDER said:

Hello from South Australia mate!  I'm a touch less than 5'8" nowadays - initially thought the bike tall but no longer do, it's perfect for us shorter riders.  I've also come from a loooooong history of road bikes and this is my first foray in to proper adventure riding (I did own a GS but hardly went anywhere but to and from work).  It's a whole new world and the T7 will not disappoint - will be worth the wait - when do you estimate it's coming?  Also what colour?

Competition white! I wanna get some of the cool looking decal kits, they all look absolutely fantastic; Haven't decided on which one yet but for 300$ that's pretty good. I really can't wait because every video I've seen of someone riding the t7 has the rider go "ooohh its a good bike" or they fall in love with it. I always wanted to try a bmw but the weight kind of put me off even though I know they don't fall all the way over most of the time, I'm used to 200kg bikes so this should be a breeze.

Do you like the black one?

I estimate probably november but knowing my luck it'll be december 30 2021 😵 The rep however said october onwards so fingers crossed

Edited by Spike4379
  • Like 1

VERY EXCITING FOR YOU mate, there are a few decent decal suppliers - I used Crispy Designs (UK) for mine, nice quality but also check out SKDA 🙂  ... also check out my seat hack - very popular and free adaptation that takes two mins.  I also have another hack coming up as a cool trick for storage.  Sadly you won't stop at $17K haha, I daren't add up what I've spent on accessories since Oct 2020 when I got mine.  There's always more goodies 😄

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

40 minutes ago, RIDER GUIDER said:

VERY EXCITING FOR YOU mate, there are a few decent decal suppliers - I used Crispy Designs (UK) for mine, nice quality but also check out SKDA 🙂  ... also check out my seat hack - very popular and free adaptation that takes two mins.  I also have another hack coming up as a cool trick for storage.  Sadly you won't stop at $17K haha, I daren't add up what I've spent on accessories since Oct 2020 when I got mine.  There's always more goodies 😄

Yeah I still need to get the BnB bashplate.. camel adv exhaust and tail tidy. OH and the swmotec crash bars ofc..... And then later on the touratech cartridge kit for 3500$.... and then.... I get what you mean!

Though I do plan on this being the last bike I have for many years. I did have an inline 4 but I missed the character of a vtwin and this is basically the same so thats also a huge bonus. I might check out those decal kits now and drool a bit

• Like 1