Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Green Bay, WI

Kevin P

Good morning!   My name is Kevin and I live in Green Bay, WI.  I have been riding (road) for many years, in fact more than I would like to admit.   I had always wanted to adventure ride and a few years back bought a 2015 Vstrom XT.  I have taken that bike along quite a few forest roads, including the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail and MABDR.  At the end of the MABDR (last year) I decided that I would like a taller, slightly lighter bike.   The search for a T7 began, I finally found one and am flying down to TX to get it a week from tomorrow!  

My plan is to pick it up at the dealer, ride to Russelville, AR via 2 lanes, then on 9/11 ride some of the butler rated roads to Rolla, MO or potentially Columbia, MO.  The 12th would be a game day call as to whether I travel the roads more frequently travelled or two lane back to Green Bay.  I do have to work Monday, so all is fluid.

I am curious as to what mods / farkle is needed, has been added for adventure riding as I am planning the COBDR next year.

Thanks for the bandwidth,

Kevin

• Like 1

Texas to Green Bay.... Your butt is gonna hurt, the seat starts to suck at 87 miles and then gets exponentially worse as the miles add up.

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Yup to standard seat. Get the original one piece (+40mm) seat straight away. I’ve done 6 hours on it with no pain. And it fits a whole load of tools in in too. 👍you won’t regret the t7. 

Welcome!

I don't think the stock seat is that bad!

With regards to farkles, I installed better handgaurds which are mandatory for trail riding imo.  A better bash plate would be nice for CO. From there it is all a trade-off with weight.....

The speedo bobble bugged me, so i put on the camel antibobble.

Enjoy the new bike. It is so much better off road than the vstrom.

Thanks for the warm welcome!    I am certain that I will enjoy the bike and will update the group after I pick up the bike and put some miles on it.  

Welcome Kevin P. Tell the boss you might be late and enjoy the ride 🙂 Pick up an oil change kit, you'll be about due when you get home.

@Hibobb

@artvector

I will be there, it has been a while since I missed a run.  I asssume youhave watched 

029a430b-e90a-4e3e-9e70-4e35adc00c85.jpg

A deep dive into the “Cafe Racer” culture by way of two riders custom building motorcycles to ride in Slimey Crud Motorcycle Gang Cafe Racer Run.

That is an excellent documentary on the motorcycle 'gang' that brought us the beloved run.

• Like 1

Welcome Kev,

The K&N filter is 204. Did third oil change yesterday.(Damn I really miss my ktm’s that required 3 screens & a filter each time!)

You felt you had accomplished something when you were done with that!

1 minute ago, gone2seed said:

The K&N filter is 204. Did third oil change yesterday.(Damn I really miss my ktm’s that required 3 screens & a filter each time!)

You felt you had accomplished something when you were done with that!

Thanks for the info

The KTM sounds similar to a clutch slave cylinder on a BMW R1150RT, the only thing more challenging is putting together a big wheel for your screaming kid!

@Kevin P

Wow, this is super cool. No, I had never seen this documentary before.

I go most every year to the ride. Didn't see any T7's in spring. Didn't get mine until mid july.

See ya next month...

Bob

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~