Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Who knew? The T7 has a glove box? Free storage hack peeps - check it out!

RIDER GUIDER

So many things we could store in here ... for the actual adventure riders or those that enjoy the roads ... how would some free storage grab you?  Who can come up with the coolest or best items to fit in the T7 glove box? 

• Like 4

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

Might be useful. I picked up a Motowinch to  reduce checks I write with my back. Also have a helite vest in case.

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 2

Hmmm......certainly room to stash a few kilos of something in there! Maybe porridge oats for camping breakfasts? (Surely that's what you were thinking too?)

Edited by Tigerjohn
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry, but I found the video somewhat tedious to watch, so didn't watch to the end.

That said, sounds like a good idea. My suggestion would be to punch a couple slits in the cap and put a wire tie through it. Use that as an anchor for a small bag/pouch that can then be pulled out when the cap is removed and will also keep items from migrating out of reach.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DuncMan said:

They'd have loads of fun when they found this at the border control checks. 😆

Keep a sandwich bag of laundry soap in there.  Tee hee hee!  That's evil...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Between this and the charcoal canister delete, we'll put the T7 luggage makers out of business. 

Now if I could just get inside the rear side panels...

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2021 at 8:36 PM, Hammerhead said:

Full frontal tubity. Correct insertion techniques easily bury it all,

yet remains comfortably retrievable. Snug enough not to be flapping about loosely. Mostly plastic bagged to ward off any chafing or harm….

Edit; yes it goes all the way & plug goes back on easily 

419132B4-D0AB-4F56-99A0-B143172BD7FC.jpeg

DE36EA3C-EF94-4115-B3A0-030396866AF3.jpeg

Does water get inside the swing arm easily? Could it be possible for the tube valve to corrode?

Edited by Oxxa

22 hours ago, Oxxa said:

Does water get inside the swing arm easily? Could it be possible for the tube valve to corrode?

Ya, some water can get in there, but my tube’s been stashed there since this post & the capped valve stem is fine. 

23 hours ago, Oxxa said:

Maybe just spray / coat the valve with some ACF50 or similar