Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere service and acerbis.

Slippy

Got the first service after initial 600 more service coming up with Yamaha. 4000 on bike.

Question: is it worth it or should I just but some oil and a filter and do it myself. Bike running fine.

Looking at the acerbis hand guard. I want to incorporate a throttle stabiliser.

Question: Do they use the bar end weights?

20210730_223225.jpg

The acerbis x-factor for T700 can be used with or without the OEM bar end weight. I use without.IMG_20210906_092612099.thumb.jpg.849162969032f83ab3228369e36df9ec.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Those look good, got a pic of the inside bar mount?, did you have to move any of the controls or general fit comments?

Cheers, Todd

i would do the service yourself. its pretty much just an oil change with the usual nut and bolt checks. use yamalube and keep receipt. no need for a filter.thats not due till 12,000 miles.

Edited by bth2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, toddiscdn said:

Those look good, got a pic of the inside bar mount?, did you have to move any of the controls or general fit comments?

Cheers, Todd

Hi,

i did not had to move any controls. its a good fit. handles are in normal riding position (for sitting, not lowered for standing) what i like about the acerbis, is that the part that clamps on the handlebar is curved, so there is no obstruction for the cables, like i see sometimes with barkbusters.

P1000074.JPG

• Thanks 2