Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Any aftermarket throttle tubes work?

Camstyn

Question

I cut my stock one down a little shorter than I meant to for narrower grips, went to order a new one and they are backordered. Anyone know if an aftermarket one such as Pro Taper, etc will work or am I stuck with OEM?

7 answers to this question

If anyone is following, ODI lock-on grips worked fine as a replacement for the stock tube, they came with the same throttle cam as stock.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 2:03 PM, Camstyn said:

I cut my stock one down a little shorter than I meant to for narrower grips, went to order a new one and they are backordered. Anyone know if an aftermarket one such as Pro Taper, etc will work or am I stuck with OEM?

G2 Throttle tamer works.  You can spec a quicker turn, slower turn, or stock.  They're aluminum.

J

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rwmcc said:

Which cam did you end up using to match up with the stock one?

Can’t remember, but it is included with the grips.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 9/10/2021 at 9:20 PM, Camstyn said:

If anyone is following, ODI lock-on grips worked fine as a replacement for the stock tube, they came with the same throttle cam as stock.

This is great to know, thanks! I am a huge fan of the R6 throttle tube. It is a direct swap with a much shorter throw - I am all for the increased sensitivity and reduced wrist angle on throttle 20,000km in.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

On 9/10/2021 at 6:40 PM, Goldentaco said:

G2 Throttle tamer works.  You can spec a quicker turn, slower turn, or stock.  They're aluminum.

J

Do you have one?  Any reviews?