Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

EVOLIFT - Motorcycle central stand

Frances

I finally have a garage again and I want to get a stand/lift to do some basic work on my Tenere (which is coming to the dealer in about 2 weeks).  I do not plan to put a center stand on my bike so I also like to be able to get the rear wheel off the ground easily to maintain the chain.  I came across this "central stand" and I was wondering if anyone has used something like this before?  You can get it on wheels so it can also be used to move the bike around the garage or to keep the wheels off the ground for extended storage.  Is it any good?  Any idea if I can buy one in the US?

Zentralstaender-EVOLIFT_Yamaha-Tenere-20

Motorcycle central stand EVOLIFT, suitable for Yamaha Tenere 700 19-:                     …

Edited by Frances
added link to video

1 hour ago, Frances said:

@Frances I admit it is a bit of luxury, but I bought a table style M/C lift a few years ago and wish I had had the money when I was 20 years old to have one. It is super nice to work on the bike without bending over all day. Ya, it takes real estate in your garage, but if you are tight for room just park your bike on it at night. You will need one of those cheap Chinese scissor jacks too, to work on tires and lube the chain.

Edited by Hibobb

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• 4 weeks later...

I spent the day researching lifts for my T7.  Cheap belly jack does the trick, but the ability to wheel the bike around the shop securely +winter storage off the ground in one lift was the goal.

That EVOlift has a fair bit of google SEO, it comes first always.

It appears that it uses the swing arm pivot opening…. as well as the unused engine mounting ear as a lifting point?  Is that right?

Abba Skylift is high on the list, but wow pricey!

I’ve had a Harbor Freight motorcycle Jack/Stand sine 2007. Still in use. Began using on a HD Electra Glide (excess of 800lbs) then onto BMW  GSA 1200, Africa Twin, and now a T7. The Harley was perfectly balanced and I could wheel it all over the garage. If I remember right  my BMW’s as well. With the AT and T7 I use the hooks on the Jack to strap the bike down when moving. Also used it as a tranny Jack for my CJ as well as other odd chores. 

As with most thing from Harbor Freight some are great, most is just so-so. This Jack is one of the best items they sell, especially at $129. 

60536_W3.jpg

1500 Lb. Capacity ATV/Motorcycle Lift

6 hours ago, Bmp4510 said:

I’ve had a Harbor Freight motorcycle Jack/Stand sine 2007. Still in use. Began using on a HD Electra Glide (excess of 800lbs) then onto BMW  GSA 1200, Africa Twin, and now a T7. The Harley was perfectly balanced and I could wheel it all over the garage. If I remember right  my BMW’s as well. With the AT and T7 I use the hooks on the Jack to strap the bike down when moving. Also used it as a tranny Jack for my CJ as well as other odd chores. 

As with most thing from Harbor Freight some are great, most is just so-so. This Jack is one of the best items they sell, especially at $129. 

60536_W3.jpg

1500 Lb. Capacity ATV/Motorcycle Lift

Bmp4519, I did end up buying this same motorcycle lift from Harbor Freight.  I needed something quick to get the moto up off the wheels so I could lower the suspension.  It was useful for that purpose.  But I also agree with T7MapleLeaf that the EVO stand would be great for keeping the wheeels off the ground (winter storage) and maneuvering the bike in the garage  It would also be nice for getting the bike off the gound so I can more easily remove the skid plate and change the oil.  I decided against the EVO lift mainly because my boyfriend has a KLR and the EVO lift would not work for his motorcycle.   

12 hours ago, T7MapleLeaf said:

I spent the day researching lifts for my T7.  Cheap belly jack does the trick, but the ability to wheel the bike around the shop securely +winter storage off the ground in one lift was the goal.

That EVOlift has a fair bit of google SEO, it comes first always.

It appears that it uses the swing arm pivot opening…. as well as the unused engine mounting ear as a lifting point?  Is that right?

Abba Skylift is high on the list, but wow pricey!

I had the same goal as you, although I could not bite the bullet for the EVO lift.  I also found this company but the website offers too many options without adequate descriptions of all of the differences in the items.  

motea-logo-facebook.png

The central paddock stand perfectly for your bike ❗ With extended warranty ❗ Constands Power Classic & Evo ☛ Exclusively at Motea