Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Front Rotor Bolts...I'm baffled.

pgeldz

Hey everyone,

So as some of you know, I've had my Tenere 700 for a while now (first one to get one in Las Vegas).

To date, it has less than 300 miles on it and due to a surgery last April (and recovery thereof), as well as my Road Racing efforts leading up to my first Pro race with MotoAmerica on my FZ-07, I'm just now starting to REALLY get into the prep for my Tenere build.

Wanted to run something past everyone...

I always do certain things and use certain parts on my builds, and this bike will be no different.  One of those things is to use Proti Forged Titanium Rotor bolts and Sprocket nuts.

Rear rotor bolts are the same as the FZ-07/FZ-09, and sprocket nuts are standard sizes, but the front rotor bolts...my contact at Yamaha says the part number doesn't cross reference with anything else, and only fits the Tenere 700.

Has anyone replaced a front rotor bolt on their Tenere 700, and if so, with what?  Or what size was it?

Kind Regards,

- Paul

I tried to put the front rotors onto A 19” rim get up. Got one to break free. Stripped out the next one. I am pretty sure the  T7 ones  use a softer screw and extra strong lock tight.( Thank goodness that Woody’s wheels includes a complete set of rotor and abs screws!)

I quit while ahead and purchased new rotors. 

Contact them if you need different rotor bolts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pgeldz said:

Hey everyone,

So as some of you know, I've had my Tenere 700 for a while now (first one to get one in Las Vegas).

To date, it has less than 300 miles on it and due to a surgery last April (and recovery thereof), as well as my Road Racing efforts leading up to my first Pro race with MotoAmerica on my FZ-07, I'm just now starting to REALLY get into the prep for my Tenere build.

Wanted to run something past everyone...

I always do certain things and use certain parts on my builds, and this bike will be no different.  One of those things is to use Proti Forged Titanium Rotor bolts and Sprocket nuts.

Rear rotor bolts are the same as the FZ-07/FZ-09, and sprocket nuts are standard sizes, but the front rotor bolts...my contact at Yamaha says the part number doesn't cross reference with anything else, and only fits the Tenere 700.

Has anyone replaced a front rotor bolt on their Tenere 700, and if so, with what?  Or what size was it?

Kind Regards,

- Paul

paging @Aleksandar13

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

paging @Aleksandar13

If you check my build thread I might have posted in there titanium bolts including size ... Can't remember top of my head to be fair ... From a company in UK ... I think they are r6 bolts 🤩

• Like 1