Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Simple Helmet Lock

transalper

27 minutes ago, delirium said:

personally I would not leave my 500$ arai helmet with the bike like that.

Guess it depends on where you are.  I mean, I've been riding for 30 years, and have never had nor heard of anyone having their helmet stolen when it's been locked onto a bike.  For sure, if you're somewhere you feel it may be stolen it's way better to take it than not.   But if it's locked to the bike, and taking it would require cutting a strap, then it's REALLY unlikely anyone's going to steal it.  Hard to sell a helmet with cut straps, and they're not particularly replaceable.  I wouldn't pay $100 for a $700 helmet that had it's straps cut then stitched back together.  

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Guess it depends on where you are.  I mean, I've been riding for 30 years, and have never had nor heard of anyone having their helmet stolen when it's been locked onto a bike.  For sure, if you're somewhere you feel it may be stolen it's way better to take it than not.   But if it's locked to the bike, and taking it would require cutting a strap, then it's REALLY unlikely anyone's going to steal it.  Hard to sell a helmet with cut straps, and they're not particularly replaceable.  I wouldn't pay $100 for a $700 helmet that had it's straps cut then stitched back together.  

not talking necessary about stealing but but vandalized - e.g. some angry stork would sh@#t into... 

15 hours ago, delirium said:

not talking necessary about stealing but but vandalized - e.g. some angry stork would sh@#t into... 

Yeah that goes back to knowing your area.  I've definitely never been anywhere that would be a concern.  I wouldn't leave it hanging upside down, though.

16 hours ago, delirium said:

I've been riding 38 years and have never had angry stork vandalize a helmet attached to my bike.

I would love to see an angry stork though. The closest we get around here are annoyed cranes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, transalper said:

I would love to see an angry stork though

Nature-It's Badass! | Shoebill, Shoebill stork, Beautiful birds

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~