Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
galenparke

Looking to Fondle in UK 12-16/10/19

Recommended Posts

galenparke

Hi all, I am in the UK for a couple days from the US.  We have yet to get the T7, and I was hoping to get to check on out IRL.  But I am realizing they are not hanging out on showroom floors.  Hoping someone might know where one is.  Or willing to show theirs off.  I am in Kendal near the Lake District (11/10/19) and fly out of London 16/10/19.

 

I was in Ireland last week on rented bikes from bare naked bikes.  I live in jackson, WY near Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.  
I have been riding a 690 Enduro R the past few summer, ridden a few other bikes, and have a ‘82 KZ750 in the garage as a winter project.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin
1 hour ago, galenparke said:

Hi all, I am in the UK for a couple days from the US.  We have yet to get the T7, and I was hoping to get to check on out IRL.  But I am realizing they are not hanging out on showroom floors.  Hoping someone might know where one is.  Or willing to show theirs off.  I am in Kendal near the Lake District (11/10/19) and fly out of London 16/10/19.

 

I was in Ireland last week on rented bikes from bare naked bikes.  I live in jackson, WY near Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.  
I have been riding a 690 Enduro R the past few summer, ridden a few other bikes, and have a ‘82 KZ750 in the garage as a winter project.

I used to have an 82 KZ750. One of the best bike's I ever knew, until my brother wrecked it while i was away in the Army. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
13 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I used to have an 82 KZ750. One of the best bike's I ever knew, until my brother wrecked it while i was away in the Army. 

 

Sorry to hear your brother lost his life on it.

Edited by X Plane
Edited out of respect at fatal accident
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin
40 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Ex-brother then 🤣.

You guessed right, he died that day at the young age of 28.  He went into a corner wide and hit a truck head on.  RIP Ronny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
20 hours ago, Cruizin said:

You guessed right, he died that day at the young age of 28.  He went into a corner wide and hit a truck head on.  RIP Ronny. 

Oh dear, I am totally gutted, I’m so sorry to hear that about Ronny and that accident. The pain never goes only changes. Sorry again 😐. Too young to go, hope Ronny lived life enjoying his short years. Lost dad when I was 14; I feel your pain. Glad, as I reckon Ronny would be, that you continued motorcycling. Peace 👨.

Edited by X Plane
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin
9 hours ago, X Plane said:

Oh dear, I am totally gutted, I’m so sorry to hear that about Ronny and that accident. The pain never goes only changes. Sorry again 😐. Too young to go, hope Ronny lived life enjoying his short years. Lost dad when I was 14; I feel your pain. Glad, as I reckon Ronny would be, that you continued motorcycling. Peace 👨.

Thanks and dont feel bad for anything.  I have lost 9 people in my life to motorcycling. Im surprised that it didnt make me hang my helmet for good but I just love riding so much I cant stop. It's my therapy. I dont go to therapy or take mind altering drugs, I just need a ride at least once a week and all the troubles in my life seem to go away in the wind rushing by my helmet. Any problems I have get worked out while I'm riding. I go home refreshed and ready to take on the world. 

I bet you and the other members can relate.  We know the danger, but we just stock up on good life insurance and keep on riding those roads and trails. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
44 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Thanks and dont feel bad for anything.  I have lost 9 people in my life to motorcycling. Im surprised that it didnt make me hang my helmet for good but I just love riding so much I cant stop. It's my therapy. I dont go to therapy or take mind altering drugs, I just need a ride at least once a week and all the troubles in my life seem to go away in the wind rushing by my helmet. Any problems I have get worked out while I'm riding. I go home refreshed and ready to take on the world. 

I bet you and the other members can relate.  We know the danger, but we just stock up on good life insurance and keep on riding those roads and trails. 

I totally relate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galenparke

Cruzin, sorry to hear the loss of your brother on the KZ750, I’ll keep it in mind while riding that machine.  There is plenty to be scared of on that machine, but it’s age and reliability are my first concern, so I’ll go through it then give it to a mechanic to inspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galenparke

Back to my quest to check out a Tenere 700.  I was lucky enough to find a dealer in London on the first try with one on the floor.  While not available for immediate pick up, as the owner is storing it there until Brexit is sorted out.  But my gain getting to fondle and inspect a bit.  Obviously couldn’t ride it as expected.

However the next day I rented a Tracer 700 from Road Trip UK, figuring I could get a feel for myself how the engine behaves.  Overall I really enjoyed the Tracer and the engine.  Makes we wonder what some knobby tires and a skid plate would do for that bike.  If I could go home and order one, and be guaranteed it before May I’d be good to go.  But alas I am not expecting that to be a reality until 2021.  In the mean time I’ll need to decide what I’ll be exploring on next spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
9 hours ago, galenparke said:

Back to my quest to check out a Tenere 700.  I was lucky enough to find a dealer in London on the first try with one on the floor.  While not available for immediate pick up, as the owner is storing it there until Brexit is sorted out.  But my gain getting to fondle and inspect a bit.  Obviously couldn’t ride it as expected.

However the next day I rented a Tracer 700 from Road Trip UK, figuring I could get a feel for myself how the engine behaves.  Overall I really enjoyed the Tracer and the engine.  Makes we wonder what some knobby tires and a skid plate would do for that bike.  If I could go home and order one, and be guaranteed it before May I’d be good to go.  But alas I am not expecting that to be a reality until 2021.  In the mean time I’ll need to decide what I’ll be exploring on next spring.

that owner storing his T7 at the dealers ‘until Brexit is sorted out’ I don’t understand why someone would that or what that is about as Brexit sorting will not be done in a single day and roads won’t turn underside down and night will still follow day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galenparke

I didn’t ask any further questions about why the owner was waiting.  
Maybe a tax benefit, or registration scheme.  Or maybe his finances hinge on brexit.  No idea, things seemed a little stirred  up and some people voicing their opinions.  But most seemed ready to roll with the tide either way.  The uncertainty of when it would happen seemed the craziest 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.