Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

UK Tour

HoveToo

Just back from 13 days riding from the south coast through Wales, the Lake District, and the west of Scotland including Lewis. The bike performed flawlessly and was a delight but there are always some things....

Firstly the throttle response after full roll off - there is a significant snatchiness now that was not so pronounced after the first 7k service, and that was a pain in the tight hairpins of the Wrynose and Honister passes. Anyone recommend an ecu remap or power commander fix?

I'm 5' 8" and the bike is too tall and top heavy really. It is lowered using the Yamaha dog bones but this makes the sidestand length an issue so that I have to do a bit of manouvering to find a stable ground profile wherever I park.

The Airhawk saved my arse. Last day was 430 miles and I still ache.  The screen extender is probably not staying on - too much wind blast comes under the screen now.

Rear tyre and rear brake pads replaced before the trip but now at 10,300 miles the front tyre looks worn because of the heavy braking that passing 300 Campervans entails on single track roads. One set of blocks has a wedge profile now so that the leading edge has less than 2mm depth. It's not an issue in general wet grip situations but I don't want to be braking on the tyre carcass. The centre sipes on the new rear have mostly gone in the 3000 miles of the trip. The pirellis have given excellent grip in all conditions although the front can drift and I needed to more precise on corner entries in the rain, especially where most Scottish roads have no road metal on  the turn in points.

And that's it - great bike, superb steering through rough corners and smooth, and through the tightest up and downhill hairpins.  Certainly fast enough on the road with good overtaking speed. Love it, but today its being ignored, we need a rest.

• Like 1

I have screen extenders and got the same problem with the gap under the screen try this i cut the OEM screen in half and used the bottom half in the original holes to fill the gap look at my answer to this with pictures.

Edited by Mapbook

11 hours ago, Mapbook said:

I have screen extenders and got the same problem with the gap under the screen try this i cut the OEM screen in half and used the bottom half in the original holes to fill the gap look at my answer to this with pictures.

That's a nice solution. I am quite bit shorter so the original screen worked fine - I just wanted to try the extenders to see if it helped with the minor buffeting and noise but it did not. I can still take hands off the bars and stretch etc at 70+ speeds and having run unfaired bikes across Europe the ease of having any kind of wind reduction system is a massive improvement.