Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Scott 3317

Sriingalls1

Question

5 answers to this question

Pivot Pegz can be installed in two positions.  Standard height and a lower height.  From an email I received from Pivot Pegz support:

Pivot Pegz for your bike can be lowered by approximately 10mm. The lowering will also move them backward about 3mm.

There is no additional hardware required to lower the Pivot Pegz and you can return them to the standard height at any time.

17 hours ago, dnrobertson said:

Pivot Pegz can be installed in two positions.  Standard height and a lower height.  From an email I received from Pivot Pegz support:

Pivot Pegz for your bike can be lowered by approximately 10mm. The lowering will also move them backward about 3mm.

There is no additional hardware required to lower the Pivot Pegz and you can return them to the standard height at any time.

Time to go google that....

18 hours ago, dnrobertson said:

?? Unless someone & pivotpegz is better at puzzles than me, not sure how that’s happening. Mounting with the spring above the peg doesn’t look to work nor does swapping springs left to right. Maybe if I stare at it a little longer it the light will come on…  But then I’m not looking to change their position anyway, so…

They’re are really nice btw, quite like them. 

2CA4EA0B-2006-459F-BC1D-9A29C6AC54DB.jpeg

2 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

?? Unless someone & pivotpegz is better at puzzles than me, not sure how that’s happening. Mounting with the spring above the peg doesn’t look to work nor does swapping springs left to right. Maybe if I stare at it a little longer it the light will come on…  But then I’m not looking to change their position anyway, so…

They’re are really nice btw, quite like them. 

2CA4EA0B-2006-459F-BC1D-9A29C6AC54DB.jpeg

The pegs are 2 main parts, the peg and the mount assembly.

The 17mm bolt on the end of the peg holding it together is removed and the peg separated from the mount assembly.  Then the mount assembly is swapped from left to right.

When this is done the space where the spring goes moves from on the bottom as in your pic to on the top when they are in the low position.  

Pretty easy.

As far as kits to lower stock pegs I have never seen any.  There are several pegs on the market which are designed to be lower than stock.

I use Bosley pegs.  He sells different width-length-height-finish models to fit most peoples needs.

Edited by williestreet

2 hours ago, williestreet said:

The pegs are 2 main parts, the peg and the mount assembly.

The 17mm bolt on the end of the peg holding it together is removed and the peg separated from the mount assembly.  Then the mount assembly is swapped from left to right.

When this is done the space where the spring goes moves from on the bottom as in your pic to on the top when they are in the low position.  

Pretty easy.

Sorry bro, not that easy. It’s even easier… 
   Those mount assemblies are labeled R&L. Attempting to swap them also inverts them & then their stops (both mounts & pivots) don’t fit or work.  Not flying Orville.

Simple as just swapping springs L to R & putting them on top of the mount assembly. Took me minute, but the light came on.

All the same, a minor (& I’d wager) near negligible difference.