Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hey! From Atlanta

Dark Helmet

Glad to be on this forum!  I first rode a T7 in August 2020 and loved the bike.  I have a 690 that I really like, but it isn't great for longer road miles, which I missed.  Finally pulled the trigger this year, had money down on a new black one, though I really wanted the red/white, then magically, I was looking for my 690 ad on ADVrider, and the first post on the Flea Market for bikes was a 2021 red/white bike with only 1,500 miles!  better yet it has some great accessories already on it and he was asking $1000 less than my out the door cost for the T7 in Georgia!  

Like all of you I love the bike.  It does almost everything very well.  I come from 1 GS, 1GSA, an Africa Twin and the 690.  I loved all those bikes, but not like this bike.

Safe rides, and looking forward to catching up to everyones posts. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Welcome! I think I recognize your user name from over on that other forum in some of the airhead threads.

• Like 1

Welcome Dark Helmet, congrats on finding "the one". In time you will appreciate that the White/Red T7 is just a little quicker too, than the other colours.

Enjoy the Forum, spank that bike.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, norton73 said:

Welcome! I think I recognize your user name from over on that other forum in some of the airhead threads.

Yup, that was me, former airhead owner.  You must be one, or were one also!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Yup, that was me, former airhead owner.  You must be one, or were one also!

Yup, still have my '92 R100GS and still riding it.

spacer.png

I've ridden with Jenna and Mark from ATL in the past.

Edited by norton73
  • Like 1

Always wanted a bumble bee!  Great looking bike.  I had a 1970 R/75/5.  I've ridden with Jenna and Mark as well.  I ended up selling it 2 years ago to fund my trip to Mongolia for Rally for Rangers.  I had to raise $10k for motorcycles for Mongolian park rangers but came up short.  Was a great cause and a once in a lifetime trip/ride but hated to see the bike go.

IMG_0087.jpeg

• Like 2