Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What can I say.....

AfterIRETire

Hello fellow throttle brothers!

After 26 years in LE I'm retiring in Dec. I've had numerous bikes over the years to include a 2012 Super Tenere, YZ450F, YZ125, WR450F, CBR600, CanAm Spyder and others I cant remember now. I'm looking at buying a T7 in the near future and want to know if the hype is true. A little disappointed in my ST when I had it. So I want to know if the T7 is as fun as it looks and y'all are making it out to be? That's what I want to know.

Oh and one cool thing is after I retire I got a gig at a local shop wrenching and learning from some cool dudes! I'll get to be around bikes all day long! Be blessed my friends!

Edited by AfterIRETire
  • Like 1

Yes, the T7 is way too much fun!  Welcome aboard.  And if you like to add things to your bike, the world is ready to take your cash stash.  Nice that you'll be hanging with the guys at the shop.  I see a discount on parts in your future.  Let us know what color you get.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AfterIRETire said:

After 26 years in LE I'm retiring in Dec. I've had numerous bikes over the years to include a 2012 Super Tenere, YZ450F, YZ125, WR450F, CBR600, CanAm Spyder and others I cant remember now. I'm looking at buying a T7 in the near future and want to know if the hype is true. A little disappointed in my ST when I had it. So I want to know if the T7 is as fun as it looks and y'all are making it out to be? That's what I want to know.

Oh and one cool thing is after I retire I got a gig at a local shop wrenching and learning from some cool dudes! I'll get to be around bikes all day long! Be blessed my friends!

I’m retired as of last week. Having a LOT of fun on my T7

39F470D9-D3AC-42EC-AD03-97E3F9F62769.thumb.jpeg.3369b2f7d88031adccb94d593198c36c.jpeg7E144CFA-F75F-4CD1-8B0A-F09BF7E2FDF4.thumb.jpeg.13ce7d92b5410980425520b8e9120124.jpeg

• Like 2

• Moderators

@AfterIRETireWelcome!  Thank you for your service and for 26 years of dedication to protecting others. I too was interested in the S10,  but glad I waited for the T7. I come from 10 years of FJR ownership,  but have been on dirtbikes my entire life, currently in the garage is a Beta 520RS alongside the T7.  The T7 at first ( on the street) was somewhat of a disappointment when (unfairly) compared to my past FJR.  Once in the dirt the lower power is appreciated and I've never been in a situation where the T7 didn't have the power and torque to get the job done.  Personally,  I'd like more power on the street for two up riding with luggage, but in every other aspect,  this motor shines.  Knowing that more power comes with more weight and complexity,  so I'm good with this platform for its intended purpose.  They're hard to find so if you can get your hands on one grab it as it won't be hard to sell if the hype doesn't meet your expectations.  Oh and welcome to retirement,  you'll wonder what you didn't do it sooner! 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

39 minutes ago, AZJW said:

@AfterIRETireWelcome!  Thank you for your service and for 26 years of dedication to protecting others. I too was interested in the S10,  but glad I waited for the T7. I come from 10 years of FJR ownership,  but have been on dirtbikes my entire life, currently in the garage is a Beta 520RS alongside the T7.  The T7 at first ( on the street) was somewhat of a disappointment when (unfairly) compared to my past FJR.  Once in the dirt the lower power is appreciated and I've never been in a situation where the T7 didn't have the power and torque to get the job done.  Personally,  I'd like more power on the street for two up riding with luggage, but in every other aspect,  this motor shines.  Knowing that more power comes with more weight and complexity,  so I'm good with this platform for its intended purpose.  They're hard to find so if you can get your hands on one grab it as it won't be hard to sell if the hype doesn't meet your expectations.  Oh and welcome to retirement,  you'll wonder what you didn't do it sooner! 

Thank you sir! Very Much appreciated! I had to wait till age 50 thats why I didnt do it sooner but thank the good Lord its finally here! Im definitely looking!

On 9/23/2021 at 9:51 PM, AfterIRETire said:

More than fun, I would rate this bike as addictive. Every time I ride it, I can't find the time to get off.
20,000 km in just over a year, mostly off-road, and without the slightest problem.

20000kmT7.jpg

• Like 5

Teneré 700 '20

WR250R '10