Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha adventure footpeg and Piaa auxiliaire light, lower seat and

Twowheel

Just to give my first thoughts after installing a couple of YAMAHA OEM option.

First concerning  the Yamaha  lower seat. I found the seat to hard and uncomfortable to keep it even if I am pretty short ( 30” in seems) so I put back the original one.

Second: The Yamaha Piaa auxiliary light is a really nice addition.  Fit, finish and helpfull. They do what’s they are suppose to.

Third: the optional Yamaha adventure adjustable foot peg are nice but at the lowest position  - 1/2” the shifter need to be adjust to it lowest limit  and if you go any further the ball joint come in contact with the footpeg bracket and you can’t downshift anymore

Finally something that I found odd on the tenere 700 but that I didn’t see anyone complaints about is that the clutch cover protrude to much to my taste as it is in the way of my right leg.  It make me uncomfortable a bit and will be certainly really hot in the summer. Is it just me because?It’s the first motorcycle that I have that is like this.

Hi @Twowheel.  I have heard others who complain about their clutch cover as well.  Using a longer foot peg helps to allow your foot and leg to move away a bit.  I don't notice this but would like to have longer foot pegs just the same.

I too changed out the seat to a low OEM and found it to be better for my ugly butt than the standard seat. 🙂 

I don't see many owners installing the OEM floodlights, in fact I think you're the only other one.  I've been quite happy with them on my bike as well.  The biggest benefit may be much they improve daytime visibility to other drivers.  I think it's those large reflectors - they create an eye-catching brilliance that exceeds even the high beams during the day. None of the typical aftermarket LED lights have larger reflectors like that.