Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 review and mods

Sarge

So its been 3 weeks since I picked up my Tech Black, and it hasn't stopped raining since and I have only covered 750 miles so far. However it has had its 600 mile service and I am now giving it more throttle, and grinning from ear to ear. I am loving this engine, its smooth linear power delivery and not experienced the on-off throttle snatch that others are complaining about ? 

So far I have fitted Oxford Adventure Heated Grips which took about 45 mins, wired directly to the battery as this model has auto cut-off. I did find the switched power supply under the right and left tank panels but without the adaptor thought better than cutting into the loom. Also fitted my Garmin Amps Cradle for the Montana 600 using a Touratech bracket mounted on the crossbar above the dash, not everyones cup of tea but I like the position of it. Another mod I have fitted is the T7 Rally Screen Adjuster, great value for money, piss easy to fit and makes a huge difference on the faster highways. I haven't committed to luggage systems yet as I use a GL Coyote, and so far all the racks I have seen won't compliment that system. I did pre-order the OEM rear rack but when I saw it thought better of it. So hopefully the Metal benders out there will come up with something more suited in the next few months. 

Anyway  I will keep running in ( max revs 6000 rpm) until I have passed the 1000 mile mark, and then it's a complete tyre change and off-road here we come ! 

IMG_4787.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

IMG_4758.JPG

IMG_4786.JPG

• Like 7

On 10/11/2019 at 6:02 AM, Sarge said:

So its been 3 weeks since I picked up my Tech Black, and it hasn't stopped raining since and I have only covered 750 miles so far. However it has had its 600 mile service and I am now giving it more throttle, and grinning from ear to ear. I am loving this engine, its smooth linear power delivery and not experienced the on-off throttle snatch that others are complaining about ? 

So far I have fitted Oxford Adventure Heated Grips which took about 45 mins, wired directly to the battery as this model has auto cut-off. I did find the switched power supply under the right and left tank panels but without the adaptor thought better than cutting into the loom. Also fitted my Garmin Amps Cradle for the Montana 600 using a Touratech bracket mounted on the crossbar above the dash, not everyones cup of tea but I like the position of it. Another mod I have fitted is the T7 Rally Screen Adjuster, great value for money, piss easy to fit and makes a huge difference on the faster highways. I haven't committed to luggage systems yet as I use a GL Coyote, and so far all the racks I have seen won't compliment that system. I did pre-order the OEM rear rack but when I saw it thought better of it. So hopefully the Metal benders out there will come up with something more suited in the next few months. 

Anyway  I will keep running in ( max revs 6000 rpm) until I have passed the 1000 mile mark, and then it's a complete tyre change and off-road here we come ! 

IMG_4787.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

IMG_4758.JPG

IMG_4786.JPG

I went ahead and moved this into your pwn topic, as you has posted it in someone else's review topic by mistake. 

• 2 months later...

How stable is the Garmin mounted up there? In videos I've seen the LCD dash bounce around, so wasn't sure if that bar was stable or not.

The cross-bar is firm and stable. It's attached to the bike without any rubber dampers.

• Like 2

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/5/2020 at 9:23 PM, sakomoto said:

Hello!

What is the support that you allow to increase height? Thanks

IMG_4786.thumb.JPG.5222227f891e9dcabfb16ff01a22573d.JPG

He’s fitted the screen height adjustment kit from T7 Rally 

• Premium Member

That looks like a 3-d printer part?  is it?  
If so, I wonder if its available for download? 

Tazmool

• 3 weeks later...

That is a cool piece. I want one one now I have seen it.👍