Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Reckless 80L review


Recommended Posts

Hello fellow riders, 

 

After a lot of shopping and brain storming I finally decided to buy the Reckless 80L for my moto camping trips. I did a 10000km roadtrip in the USA where I spent 50% camping and 50% in hotels this summer.

 

First off my rear rack is a SW-Motech ADV Rack  (GPT.06.799.19000/B).

 

I received the package from Mosko Moto fairly quickly and everything was there. With the help of their youtube video, I was able to put everything together without any major issue. The pocket extensions were a bit more difficult to install but it might be a user issue.

 

Strapping the Reckless 80L on my T7 was so easy and quick. Once I got the hang of it, I would say I could do it in 120 seconds. When I was sleeping in hotels I would take everything out. Once the dry bags were out, I could unstrap the Reckless 80L in 60 seconds. So all in all its easy and fast to put in or out.

 

I was riding pretty loaded with my full camping gear and everything stayed in place. I did some offroad trail but nothing dramatic and the balance was great!

 

The top compartment is so useful. Its the great place to put extra layers you might need sush as a rain coat. I could also strap an extra small backpack and a camping chair at the top.

 

I got the pocket extensions and there are a must if you ask me. Its such a great place to have easy access to rain pants, store flipflop, water bottle and most importantly BEER. You can fit 2 big cans of beer per pocket.

 

The dry bags are robust and will keep your stuff dry. I rode for 2 full 7h days in pouring rain and everything stayed dry(I wasn't). There's some cosmetic scratches on my dry bags after my long trip but it still feel solid and waterproof.

 

I would recommend the Reckless 80L for those who do moto camping or for those who pack way more stuff than they need.

 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

 

 

t7.thumb.jpg.0ee153b400f72adc4241ac64bf8b4563.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Am looking at this product as well but I have the camel adv high exhaust.  Haven’t been able to find anyone else with that exhaust and this to confirm if it works or not.  Hoping you or someone else can chime in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, IYELLALOT said:

Am looking at this product as well but I have the camel adv high exhaust.  Haven’t been able to find anyone else with that exhaust and this to confirm if it works or not.  Hoping you or someone else can chime in. 

If i remember correctly Cory from Camel ADV posted a picture that it works just fine but i can tell you also even though i don't have a Camel high exhaust.
It will work with almost every exhaust and funny enough at least one exhaust it doesn't work with is an OEM (don't know what bike it was) and that was not because of the position but how hot that became. With an aftermarket on that same bike it was no problem, just add the heat shield which comes with the bags.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ray Ride4life said:

If i remember correctly Cory from Camel ADV posted a picture that it works just fine but i can tell you also even though i don't have a Camel high exhaust.
It will work with almost every exhaust and funny enough at least one exhaust it doesn't work with is an OEM (don't know what bike it was) and that was not because of the position but how hot that became. With an aftermarket on that same bike it was no problem, just add the heat shield which comes with the bags.

Thanks man, appreciate the response.  Did you find that the 80l was too large or that it was kinda hindering your standing/sitting position?   My first adventure bike and unsure with what size to get. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IYELLALOT said:

Thanks man, appreciate the response.  Did you find that the 80l was too large or that it was kinda hindering your standing/sitting position?   My first adventure bike and unsure with what size to get. 

Depends.
For daily use and trips without camp gear i have the R40 and for long trips the R80 but i have a complete arsenal Mosko gear. I have 2 bikes. On my Honda Crosstourer i have the Backcountry V2 35L panniers and for the T7 i have the R40 and R80 plus the Hood tankbag for quick access to camera gear and papers (ferry and borders). On the back i have options, in that department i have the Scout 60 and 30L duffels and the Stinger 22 and 8L bags.
The 60 is for the CT only, with the R80 i can choose between the 30, 22 and 8 and with the R40 the 22 or 8.
For daily use i think the 80 is a bit large but when you don't have the means to buy 2 sets it's not too large.
This is the setup with the R40 with the stinger 22 and the Hood tankbag.
IMG_20220403_104520_modified.jpg.bed620118f8384627462631c88621ef8.jpg

IMG_20220403_104535_modified.jpg.bbf10eef9d46176cc4d0757fbb1d1a7f.jpg

Don't have a picture yet with the R80.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Depends.
For daily use and trips without camp gear i have the R40 and for long trips the R80 but i have a complete arsenal Mosko gear. I have 2 bikes. On my Honda Crosstourer i have the Backcountry V2 35L panniers and for the T7 i have the R40 and R80 plus the Hood tankbag for quick access to camera gear and papers (ferry and borders). On the back i have options, in that department i have the Scout 60 and 30L duffels and the Stinger 22 and 8L bags.
The 60 is for the CT only, with the R80 i can choose between the 30, 22 and 8 and with the R40 the 22 or 8.
For daily use i think the 80 is a bit large but when you don't have the means to buy 2 sets it's not too large.
This is the setup with the R40 with the stinger 22 and the Hood tankbag.
IMG_20220403_104520_modified.jpg.bed620118f8384627462631c88621ef8.jpg

IMG_20220403_104535_modified.jpg.bbf10eef9d46176cc4d0757fbb1d1a7f.jpg

Don't have a picture yet with the R80.

That R40 with the 22 stinger looks like the perfect size setup for anything I would get into.  The gf has a v strom with hard luggage cases so between the two there wouldn’t be lack of storage.  You definitely have a nice bike/setup. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Was on my way back from this

 

I gotta find some rides like that over here in the states.  Reading that makes me excited for the adventures.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.