Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Southern Oregon/far Northern California

norcaltoy

Hey guys, checking in here.

Located in Southern Oregon not far from the CA border. If anyone else is near by it would be great to get together and do some riding and share routes

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

norcaltoy - I own property in Azalea, OR and spend as much time as I can there. I'm 57 and getting back into motorcycles after riding mountain bikes for 30 years. I currently have a WR250R and have a ton of USFS and BLM roads right out my back door. I have a deposit on a 2022 T7. Not sure when I'll take delivery but it can't be soon enough! In the meantime, gobbling up all the info I can on the bike, setup, parts, etc. I haven't ridden with anyone but my brother and am looking for others in the area. There's so much good dirt and pavement in this region, can't wait to explore more with the T7. Would love to hear more about your experience with the bike and your favorite routes.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I live in Medford Oregon! I ride to Azalea over to

Spoiler
Spoiler

Canyonville for lunch all the time! Glad to hear some T7 owners in the area!

20200811_115819.jpg

• Like 1

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

8 hours ago, helipilotxtz700 said:

I live in Medford Oregon! I ride to Azalea over to

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Canyonville for lunch all the time! Glad to hear some T7 owners in the area!

20200811_115819.jpg

Just sent you a private message.

• 9 months later...

Hey! Weather is gonna warm up soon, who's up for some exploring in the southern oregon area. I know snow level is low now but hopefully things will melt some in the next month or so.

• Moderators

@SO_Rider What's the status of snow in the passes of the Steens?  Any sources you might have on that area?  I've been thinking of a trip that way for awhile. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I'll actually be headed up to Grants Pass soon for some rafting on the Umpqua and maybe the Rogue.

But would also love to do some offroad stuff with my new T7, so please let me know if you guys would want some newbie company.  Not much options here in SF.

On 4/12/2023 at 6:47 AM, AZJW said:

@SO_Rider What's the status of snow in the passes of the Steens?  Any sources you might have on that area?  I've been thinking of a trip that way for awhile. 

We've had generally good/excellent snowpack here in OR, so I suspect it will be a relatively late melt. GaiaGPS has a snowpack layer and this is what it's currently showing. I'm not clear on the legend/actual depths but I suspect it's a few feet up there currently. The highest point at the observation point is just over 9k elevation I believe.  

image.png.a7d609008e3e3b23e4bddb8c98c9f3a8.png

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Endopotential said:

I'll actually be headed up to Grants Pass soon for some rafting on the Umpqua and maybe the Rogue.

But would also love to do some offroad stuff with my new T7, so please let me know if you guys would want some newbie company.  Not much options here in SF.

Send me a message with some details and we can connect. I spend about half my time in Southern Oregon, but hopefully more as the weather warms up and days get longer. I'm only about 35 minutes from the put in on the Rogue Wild and Scenic Section. We have AirBnb's and camping at my place, so let me know if you're interested and I can send you more details.