Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Greetings from NM

rd1myers

Well, I finally got around to creating a profile here after learning a lot from you all about setting up my T7 over the past few months.  So, here's a belated thank you for all your help! 

I've recently returned from doing a good chunk of the TAT ... which ended up a bit shorter than planned, but was still amazing.  We were going to try for NC to OR ... but Hurricane Ida had other plans with the Eastern portion, so we offloaded in Memphis instead.  I made it a bit past Green River, UT, where I ended up tearing my hamstring (ouch!) trying to keep my bike upright on a technical section of trail.  Silly, I know.  Just let the thing tip over ... that's why we invest in good protection!  I was able to ride it out, but standing on the pegs and moving the bike were out of the equation for a few weeks.  So that was the end of the TAT for me - at least for this year.  Already planning for the next adventure ... continental divide? BDRs? Pacific crest? ... so many options.

Anyway, glad to (finally) join the community and not just lurk for info!  

Cheers,

Ryan

IMG_9552.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg

IMG_9494.jpg

IMG_9480.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators

@rd1myers Welcome neighbor.   Great to hear that T7's are hitting the TAT, bummer on the hammy, hope it heals up quick.  While you're recuperating,  we have a Ride Reports section (hint) and I'll bet many here would enjoy reading about how the T7 handled that route.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I just got back from Moab and Colorado riding my 300 and you don't know how many times I thought, man i would love to have my T7 here! Go up and ride around Moab. Not that far from you and there is so much up there. I bet my T7 with the rekluse would be a hoot at Slickrock!

@Firebolter Yes!  My thoughts exactly as we were riding away from Moab.  I'd like to set up shop there for several days and spend more time exploring the area.  Same goes for Western CO.

How do you like your rekluse?  That is on my wish list...