Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Swivel Foot Pegs

TheStig

I fitted these cheap Chinese copy swivel foot pegs which are much more comfortable and flexible when you're standing up on the bike as they allow you to tilt your foot forward very easily to operate the foot pedals.

Rotating Footpegs.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, TheStig said:

I fitted these cheap Chinese copy swivel foot pegs which are much more comfortable and flexible when you're standing up on the bike as they allow you to tilt your foot forward very easily to operate the foot pedals.

Rotating Footpegs.jpg

Can you share a link, where you bought the footpegs?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Janka said:

Unfortunately not Janka. I believe they came from Ali Express a number of years ago but they were meant for another bike altogether & i only posted the picture of them on my bike to show how my bike has changed since i got it. A good friend of mine (& also a member of this site called "Bill") who's good with metalwork, had to alter them for me in order to make them fit properly. It's possible though that Ali Express will produce items for the T7 in due course which may include alternative foot pegs!

Edited by TheStig
Spelling mistake!
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I can report, that footpegs from Yamaha WR450f fit also Tenere 700.

I bought and fited these - 

To fit them corectly, you have to do slight grinding, but minor.

If someone is interested, how they look on a bike, let me now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Janka said:

I can report, that footpegs from Yamaha WR450f fit also Tenere 700.

I bought and fited these - 

To fit them corectly, you have to do slight grinding, but minor.

If someone is interested, how they look on a bike, let me now. 

Love stuff like this. Brilliant to know. Thanks for sharing with the group.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:22 AM, Janka said:

look.s great 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Pivot pegs makes the original - I got a sale on them for black friday and they were not too bad, considering how nice they are. I've seen some cheap version break, so just have to be careful is all, especially if they are cast, instead of milled.

Mike

I ordered some AliExpress footpegs ( blue) they took so long to arrive I bought some genuine Pivot pegs on special and fitted them wiered feeling at first but I'm used to them now ( not totally convinced of the need for "pivoting" pegs) below is pics of OEM and cheapies + Pivot pegs for comparison.

IMG_20210115_150154130.jpg

There is a potential copyright infringement on some of these pivot pegs copies. I personally wouldn't touch any chinese knock-offs and have the genuine items from the Australian manufacturer.

• Like 3

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

25 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

There is a potential copyright infringement on some of these pivot pegs copies. I personally wouldn't touch any chinese knock-offs and have the genuine items from the Australian manufacturer.

I agree.  Don't buy Chinese garbage.  I don't like to buy junk and try and avoid all Chinese products.  I prefer Canadian or American products first even if I must pay more.

• Like 1

Yes while on the subject of Chinese garbage, these AliExpress footpegs are supposed to fit 2019 wr450f, which is supposed to be the same fit for Tenere 700, but to fit you need to grind them down, not that I intend to use them but perhaps for a spare should my pivot pegs fail or what not.

That'll teach me for being a tight ass!

IMG_20210129_165816883.jpg

• Haha 1

Yeah Nah. I am yet to order a set of genuine Pivot Pegs on my T700 but have them on another bike and love them. Real Pivot Pegs are very high quality and worth their price tag. Those knock offs look like cheap nasty crap that are bound to let you down at the most inconvenient time.

Edited by rumrum
spelling

Considering what the Chinese have just given us  and and still not offered compensation or apology i would never knowingly buy from them.

i believe i may have mistakenly bought chinesey pivot pegs , they weren't packed in a noodle bag but the springs broke within an hour of fitting!

buy cheap buy twice!