Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Tenere 700 Price MSRP

Cruizin

Ok, so the 2018 MT-07 MSRP is $7,599.00 in the USA.  £6,349.00 in Europe.

How much will the T-7 cost? I'm guessing $10,599.00 in the USA / €9,211.00 in Europe. 

There is a significant amount of upgrades to this bike over the MT-07, especially in the suspension dept. 

But here is the catch, Yamaha could also release two versions of this bike. A road focused version and a dirt version. If so, both bikes would be priced separate from another. And of course, there will be a ton of accessories available for this bike. 

• Premium Member

In case anyone is interested in how the messed up Norwegian tax system for vehicles work:

The MT07 costs 99.900NOK, which equals 12.055USD. Around 5.500USD are taxes. 

Based on your guessing, and that the Tenere have the same engine as the MT07, it will probably cost 137.990NOK, which equals 16.800USD.

When I bought my 2017 R1200GSA, it made me 290.000NOK lighter, approximately 35.315USD. The tax itself on this one was around 15.100USD. 

Just for laughs: A beer at a bar in Oslo costs around 15USD. ? 

Fabros

12 minutes ago, Fabros said:

In case anyone is interested in how the messed up Norwegian tax system for vehicles work:

The MT07 costs 99.900NOK, which equals 12.055USD. Around 5.500USD are taxes. 

Based on your guessing, and that the Tenere have the same engine as the MT07, it will probably cost 137.990NOK, which equals 16.800USD.

When I bought my 2017 R1200GSA, it made me 290.000NOK lighter, approximately 35.315USD. The tax itself on this one was around 15.100USD. 

Just for laughs: A beer at a bar in Oslo costs around 15USD. ? 

Fabros

Wow, that is seriously messed up.  Do you get really good health care from the govt for all of those tax dollars?  How about vacation pay?  What do you get back for all of those taxes? 

• Premium Member
On 10/11/2018 at 7:13 PM, Cruizin said:

Wow, that is seriously messed up.  Do you get really good health care from the govt for all of those tax dollars?  How about vacation pay?  What do you get back for all of those taxes? 

Well, some health care, but it is not free. We always pay a fee for health services. 

Anyway, Norwegians still love to buy expensive cars and bikes, so we just have to accept the taxes. I´m going to get my Tenere, no matter how much the taxes are! ? 

Fabros

Archived