Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rally Raid Rear Rack - $Shipping cost and charitable donation

Lucien

=========================================================================

Update: I hammered the tab flat with a brass hammer, and it's basically back to being like new.
You'd have to look very closely underneath to see that anything ever happened. So, same deal

is still available, effectively without the damage.

Hi everyone,

Recently I ordered a rear rack from Rally Raid UK, and it took a decent hit in transit with UPS, leaving it with one bent prong at the back of it. Damage is pictured beneath. 

unnamed.jpg

I didn't even actually notice the damage until I installed it on the bike. I contacted them thinking that perhaps I could get them to send me a new top plate for the rack. Despite the damage being rather minor, and it still being perfectly useable, they graciously shipped me an entire new rack. I have removed the new top plate from the new one, leaving a factory-new rack and installation hardware to go with the slightly bent plate. I don't need the spare and I don't want to profit off their generosity.

So it's up for grabs, at the cost of shipping to wherever you are from New York, plus proof of a tax-deductable donation of at least US$85 to either Resurgence PPG or the ASPCA. Your choice. (OR BOTH!) I like supporting disabled veterans, and I like animals, so I'm happy either way.

https://www.resurgenceppg.com/donate.html

https://secure.aspca.org/donate/

And since in effect Rally Raid UK is paying for this, not me, let me give them a plug and say that not only was their customer service outstanding, but their GPS mount is also really well designed and a good match for the Zumo XT.

Thanks,

Lucien

Update: I hammered the tab flat with a brass hammer, and it's basically back to being like new.
You'd have to look very closely underneath to see that anything ever happened. So, same deal

is still available, effectively without the damage.

Edited by Lucien
fixed tab
  • Like 3

• Lucien changed the title to Rally Raid Rear Rack - $Shipping cost and charitable donation