Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Soupys Adjustable Lower Linkage + Adjustable Stand

Spike4379

Hey guys.

So we're on the same page here are the items.

Tenere 700 XTZ690 turnbuckle style lowering links are infinitely adjustable between stock height and a -4 inch drop. No need to remove bolts and disassemble the rear suspension everytime you raise or lower your bike!

Our BILLET Tenere 700 XTZ690 Adjustable Kickstand Side Stand lowering kickstands use stainless steel hardware and are CNC machined from SOLID ALUMINUM. They are capable of stock length to 3 inches shorter and are the...

Has anyone ever used these at all?

I emailed them last week after ordering because a few places online had said they were great (lowering linkages) but something feels wrong to me with both of these items.

I worry that the threads on the lowing linkages might deteriorate over time given the direction of the forces applied to it will be the opposite direction of the thread lips. I am probably worrying over nothing but the same applies to the kick stand.

Something about those two allenkey bolts that could be sheared off from the weight of the bike + me mounting via footpeg constantly. I only weigh around 80kgs but they look so small.

So if you know anything, please let me know.

My thoughts are that if the lowering links are adjustable, they may very well go out of adjustment, when you wouldn't want them to.

The side stand looks OK.  No big deal if it goes out of adjustment as it won't effect the ride.  

I used the Camel ADV 20 mm solid lowering link and the Camel ADV side stand.  Works perfect.

I wondered this too. I mean its got a locking nut on it and you can use some locktite. I'm a very vertically challenged person and wasn't sure if those would work for me so I am aiming for 25mm. (I won't be seriously offroading, I want to think I will be but I'm being honest)

I don't even know how I would tell if they had come loose. I guess one of the top or bottom nuts would be loose if the other had moved.

16 minutes ago, Landshark said:

My thoughts are that if the lowering links are adjustable, they may very well go out of adjustment, when you wouldn't want them to.

The side stand looks OK.  No big deal if it goes out of adjustment as it won't effect the ride.  

I used the Camel ADV 20 mm solid lowering link and the Camel ADV side stand.  Works perfect.

I have had the Soupy's on my DR650 and they are bomber.  I rode that bike to South America and I rode in all conditions and terrain.  There are locking nuts on both ends of the turnbuckles.  There is no way that they will go out of alignment even under the worst of curcumstances.  In fact,  even adjusting the turnbuckles to raise or lower the suspension when installed on the bike is slow becasue you need to move both turnbuckles incrementally.  If you want to experiment with how much you might want to lower your Tenere, then these are the way to go.  I have a pair that I have not installed yet.  Look at them in comparison to the stock links.

PXL_20211017_141913327.jpg

Edited by Frances
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah that pretty much removes my worries about the links! Those are huge.

Thanks for taking the time to show me man!