Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Tenere 700 in the Netherlands

Micb

Hi,

My name is Michel.

Picked up a new tenere 700 2 weeks ago, and tried it out on a 2000km trip in Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg.

I had a KTM 1290 super adventure R and a 690 Enduro. Sold Both bikes and replaced it with this tenere. 

Compared to the Ktm's the tenere is alot better on the road as the 690, and also alot better to handle in the terrain as the 1290.

DSC_0248.JPG

DSC_0244.JPG

• Like 6

Welcome @Micb.  Enjoy this forum and post often including pictures.  I wish I could spend a summer doing that trip and others in that neck of the woods.

Sweet... I did the same... sold my KTM 990SMR and 450SXF to pay for a brand new red and white T7... also 2 weeks ago! I also have the exact same paddock stands!!!

Compared to the 990 the T7 is an entirely different animal. It is much taller (which I like) and although much less power it feels like I can make progress faster as it is so smooth in both engine and handling. The KTM was far more aggresive and 'point and squirt', there was no danger of just drifting along for the ride like the T7.

Out of interest, what are the bags you have attached to the crash bars?

42 minutes ago, Poacher said:

Sweet... I did the same... sold my KTM 990SMR and 450SXF to pay for a brand new red and white T7... also 2 weeks ago! I also have the exact same paddock stands!!!

Compared to the 990 the T7 is an entirely different animal. It is much taller (which I like) and although much less power it feels like I can make progress faster as it is so smooth in both engine and handling. The KTM was far more aggresive and 'point and squirt', there was no danger of just drifting along for the ride like the T7.

Out of interest, what are the bags you have attached to the crash bars?

The lower power output is offcourse a big difference to a ktm 990, and even bigger compared to the 1290. the trip i did was with two friends, 1 has an 1290 super duke GT, ande the other an R1200RT. On the autobahn i offcourse couldn't keep up when they opened the throttle, but when we were driving the mountainpasses i had more then enough power, and those big bikes kept on getting smaller in the mirror.

The bags are 10liter bagtecs, sold by Motea https://www.motea.com/nl/valbeugel-tassen-paar-voor-royal-enfield-himalayan-bagtecs-cb4-10ltr-zwart-a038279-0?gclid=5h0pp1n9-nl&gclid=CjwKCAjwn8SLBhAyEiwAHNTJbWmxIEgkyJ4QXyZgw3x8KqT77XYtVPxZJQVVjkgzERO1p_fjUAaGaRoCB_sQAvD_BwE

Edited by Micb

Another Dutchy! Welcome Micb! 

May I congratulate you on your exquisite taste in colour :-)?

Hi @Micb,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase! Best choice we ever made  😉

Just a quick question, which brand are those Paddock stands? And do they come with the buds that are attached to the bike? And maybe where did you buy them from?

I'm looking for a set like this and didn't do the research for it (yet), but these look very nice.

Cheers,

Ludo

12 minutes ago, ludo_the_genius said:

Hi @Micb,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase! Best choice we ever made  😉

Just a quick question, which brand are those Paddock stands? And do they come with the buds that are attached to the bike? And maybe where did you buy them from?

I'm looking for a set like this and didn't do the research for it (yet), but these look very nice.

Cheers,

Ludo

Hi Ludo,

The paddockstands are over 10 years old, but still sold by Powerplus tools. The bobbins (m6 for the 2021 tenere) are sold seperatley on their website: 

Paddockstands in onze webshop kopen ● Levering uit voorraad ● Breed assortiment aan paddockstands ● Voor 15:00 uur besteld is de volgende werkdag geleverd