Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

3 day ride. Newcastle, New England, Mid North Coast.

DazR

1250km round trip over the 3 days. Plenty closed roads after March floods. Country has recovered after the fires to bright green!!

Sent from my iPhone

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9531.jpg

IMG_9546.jpg

IMG_9549.jpg

IMG_9523.jpg

IMG_9507.jpg

IMG_9508.jpg

IMG_9512.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9524.jpg

IMG_9520.jpg

Edited by DazR
  • Like 4

On 10/25/2021 at 9:18 PM, DazR said:

1250km round trip over the 3 days. Plenty closed roads after March floods. Country has recovered after the fires to bright green!!

Sent from my iPhone

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9531.jpg

IMG_9546.jpg

IMG_9549.jpg

IMG_9523.jpg

IMG_9507.jpg

IMG_9508.jpg

IMG_9512.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9524.jpg

IMG_9520.jpg

Really great pics.  Thanks for posting those.  Did you travel beyond the road closed sign?  I usually interpret that as "enter here and have fun".  😇 

• Like 1

How do you like the luggage rack system you have on? I was considering that same solution to go with some TUSK saddle bags. I like that the side plates will help keep the plastics guarded against friction wear from the bags. 

10 hours ago, Landshark said:

Really great pics.  Thanks for posting those.  Did you travel beyond the road closed sign?  I usually interpret that as "enter here and have fun".  😇 

Yes we did go around the sign only to be blocked by the hillside being washed away and impassable.  We back tracked and found another road to continue on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Splix said:

How do you like the luggage rack system you have on? I was considering that same solution to go with some TUSK saddle bags. I like that the side plates will help keep the plastics guarded against friction wear from the bags. 

8 hours ago, Splix said:

Mate love the Adventure Spec gear, nice and light and quality build.  Have the rear rack from them also buried under the luggage.  I usually run the Enduristan Blizzard XL panniers on the bike but didnt need them this trip.  They are outstanding quality also.

17 hours ago, DazR said:

Mate love the Adventure Spec gear, nice and light and quality build.  Have the rear rack from them also buried under the luggage.  I usually run the Enduristan Blizzard XL panniers on the bike but didnt need them this trip.  They are outstanding quality also.

Thank you for the information. I was leaning towards that setup based on price, weight and looks. Having a real world feedback opportunity was a real winfall for me. I tend to get stuck in "analysis paralysis" when trying to pick a new piece of kit for the bike. 

No worries at all. I did heaps of research on gear before I bought and kitted out my bike. You want quality stuff and you need to get it right the first time. Its too expensive to get it wrong and change things.

Daz,

where is the closed road sign? 

Now we have longer days thinking of doing Knodingbul to Gingers and back down Enfield. Hopefully Knodingbul is open.

Unfortunately the Scone Gloucester road will be closed for eternity ( so it seems )

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Gday mate.  The road closed sign is on the road from Buladelah to Waukivory/ Gloucester.  We found a way around it.  Shall try to send a pic.  Some drunken person drove off the other end of it actually.

I don't see any other Tenere's in those pics.

You'd be all alone on the other side when you land Daryl!