Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2021 Rally edition mods

Boyca

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have been reading up on people's experiences, mods and adjustments.

Last month I got to pick up my brand new Ténéré Rally edition, now it's a model that only gets sold in Europe if I'm not mistaken? It comes with a big bashplate, chainguard, rally seat, akra exhaust, led lights, radiator protection and golden rims and a unique livery. The latter is something controversial, there have been plenty of people disliking it but when I ride around people are giving me thumbs up and generally liking it so I'm thinking it's a louder minority complaining about the looks. Being that the bashplate is larger, and that it's a euro5 2021 model it seems that some mods are just not compatible. Crashbars for instance seem to be pretty annoying to make fit, only a few brands accommodate it like the heed. I was planning to install the heed bunker model but that just doesn't fit sadly. I'd love to see other people's modded rally edition to get a picture of how things will end up looking. It's tricky to do so because the livery has different branding positioning compared to the normal versions. Is it stupid to care about aesthetics on such a utilitarian bike? 

Anyway, here are some pictures of my bike currently, completely stock still.

20211007_181444.jpeg

20211009_184501.jpeg

20211009_185726.jpeg

20211009_184119.jpeg

Edited by Boyca
  • Like 1

Welcome!

I have the Rally bash plate fitted to a non-Rally and the OEM bars fit fine. Assuming you don’t want that style?

As for aesthetics - I want my bike to look as good as it rides, so farkle away!

Edited by Burnsey

2 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Assuming you don’t want that style?

I'm looking for upper and lower, or at least a model with good coverage. Heed basic seems to check everything besides very low guarding, but with the larger bashplate perhaps that's not even necessary. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard @BoycaThat machine looks just lovely.  Add your accessories and take a picture for us.  Have fun and post often.

7 hours ago, Boyca said:

I'm looking for upper and lower, or at least a model with good coverage. Heed basic seems to check everything besides very low guarding, but with the larger bashplate perhaps that's not even necessary. 

I would say, with OEM and a bash plate, you're pretty covered.

Only left vulnerable areas are engine casing (covers available) and end can (options available - see some other threads re:Acerbis or even luggage racks and even lower bars wouldn't cover the can anyway.

Excuse the sheepie 🤣 but good side-on shot from my first ride out, which hopefully confirms above...

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 2

I have the Motea set but the lower doesn't work with the Adventure Spec bashplate and i assume it also doesn't with the OEM Adventure.
For now i leave them off and the first time i have to remove the bashplate i will see if i can modify the bashplate to work together.
I'm a allround metalworker so i don't think that will be a problem but i have to take care i don't mess up the strength of the basplate by taking material away from a critical spot.