Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Abs delete kit for t7 !?

Aleksandar13

Hi all, 

I have been informed that 

blackNEWgold-translucent-gold-letters-la

The Stunning BULLET Carbon Wheel is now available to order with just £500 deposit (message us to order with deposit through...

Have developed an abs delete kit for the t700. I enquired about this back in Feb and now it is available.

For anyone wanting this please get in touch with them. 

Aleks

• Like 2

Er, why would you want to delete the ABS, invalidating your insurance and risking a hospital visit? I get the advantage of switching it off for gnarly off road riding but surely switchable ABS is better than no ABS?

The same thing i thought, especially because knobby's lacking grip on the black stuff.
2 weeks ago was happy with the ABS and after a long time disliking ABS i had a few times where i was glad i had it.
There are 2 things i don't like and that is not because of a design flaw from Yamaha but over-regulation from the governments, things thought of by pencil lickers without any experience and that is the ABS turning back on after turning of the ignition and that you can't turn it on and off while riding.
With the Crosstourer i can switch the TC on and off while riding, ABS was not switchable but i made a cut off switch myself able to switch it of while riding also but i need to stop and turn the bike of and back on to enable it again.
The pencil lickers want us to be safe but when i forget to turn of the ABS again after a break it can cause more problems than it saved me from and when i get back on the black stuff i not always stop to turn it back on putting me yet again in danger.

Some people will want to delete the pump as they use the bike for off-road alone...

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 5:07 PM, TheFirePT said:

I would love to only Disable the back ABS haha 😄

Stoltec Moto has a kit to do just that.

Got the Stoltec rear abs delete with braided lines.  Need some winter work while I'm hiding from the cold.

• Like 1