Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Thanks for the add - I am testing a T700 "project" bike

NeilW

Hi all. I am an author at large  for UltimateMotorcycling.com. Yamaha has trusted me with a 2021 Tenere 700 as a project bike to test and review all kinds of T700 parts and accessories on. I am not a pro rider or professional author. I am just an old guy that likes to share my experiences about bikes, gear and parts. I have had the bike since August ( close to 3000 miles)  and put a whole lot of parts on it from Camel ADV, Touratech, Giant Loop, Atlas, Pirelli, SW-Motech, along with various clothing from Klim and Tourmaster and cool cameras like the Insta360 for adventure type 360 video. I always welcome and appreciate comments. Here is a link to the reviews that have been published so far, with more to come. I hope my reviews help you T700 owners deciding on accessories. Personally, I read every T700 bike and part review I can find. I love the bike, where it takes me and the new friends I have met. https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/author/neilwyenn/

Yamaha Ténéré 700 Project Bike: Off-Road Review

• Like 8

• NeilW changed the title to Thanks for the add - I am testing a T700 "project" bike

Welcome aboard Neil, I'm relatively new here too.  I appreciate what you do, its a lot of work to get good content out.   I am a big fan of Alrtider products and have put a lot on my T7, and noticed you didn't list any of their products on your post.  Have my upper crash bars and their new footpads coming in this week!

5 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Welcome aboard Neil, I'm relatively new here too.  I appreciate what you do, its a lot of work to get good content out.   I am a big fan of Alrtider products and have put a lot on my T7, and noticed you didn't list any of their products on your post.  Have my upper crash bars and their new footpads coming in this week!

I never came across them. Thank you for telling me about them. I will reach out now to introduce myself and check with them about their T700 products. 

Welcome to the forum and well done getting Yamaha to provide you with a project bike.

I have to admit that it's a tiny bit disconcerting  to see posts by "NeilW" since my name is Neil Winnemore. I go by NeilW on ADVRider.com and by Boondocker on almost every other forum. Looks like we have more than a few things in common. I'll be checking out your reviews here and on your other site.

Cheers,

Boondocker

aka: NeilW

57 minutes ago, Boondocker said:

Welcome to the forum and well done getting Yamaha to provide you with a project bike.

I have to admit that it's a tiny bit disconcerting  to see posts by "NeilW" since my name is Neil Winnemore. I go by NeilW on ADVRider.com and by Boondocker on almost every other forum. Looks like we have more than a few things in common. I'll be checking out your reviews here and on your other site.

Cheers,

Boondocker

aka: NeilW

Sorry about the name thing. If someone mixes us up I’ll know who to refer them to. I am xr250ds over there and that name doesn’t apply any more. Sold it in 2013.