Aleksandar13

Passenger peg delete kit !  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a kit !?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes ,with luggage strap connection

Hi all,

Would there be any interest in developing something for the T7 for people who want to lose the weight and need a plate to have the soft luggage straps attached to it or just blank powder coated plates to delete the passenger foot pegs.

Aleks

Kriega do one, works really well.

£19 and some sort of strong moulded ABS plastic. Uses the same bolts from the footpegs.

Provides an alternative mounting location for the front straps on an OS-BASE YAMAHA TENERE 700 when the rear footrests are removed. Available in two options for bikes with a Standard Seat or a Rally...

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 2

Why does there need to be a kit for?

You have the chance to delete some weight but then replace new weight???
I just took 4 bolts out, delete completed!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

My luggage needs something to strap to and these are specific to the OS base kit.

Kit weighs 85g, so might still have a chance of passing you on one wheel with all that extra weight 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I'm convinced about the loosing weight factor as well but like mentioned below some people want to have the practical side of being able to strap something to a plate.

Aleks

That's indeed a thing.
I also add something to strap my luggage to but i don't want a rack because those all are too bulky (and expensive) so i will make my own.
I have the Mosko Moto Reckless 40 and 80 (short or long trip) and i just need something to fix it on at the back, in the front i have options to choose from.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

Dunno about this. What are you single guys gonna do when you come round a corner and there's a stunning model on the side of the road wearing only a bikini, helmet and an Acerbis silencer guard wrapped round her right leg, trying to hitch a lift. Having no pillion pegs could lead to a life long regret.. 😲

I'd park up and carry her to the nearest train station and buy her the ticket of choice.

Via a hotel for ten minutes 🤣

• Haha 3

I made my own in about 15 minutes with some aluminum plate, a saw, drill and file. The bonus is that they also act as a socket storage location and tie downs for the R80 and use the original bolts. 

8C0F7187-8D89-46CD-8A83-BD88CC081EC6.thumb.jpeg.e3640f40a38b6b013dce1e0511360183.jpegF4393904-EC28-412D-A77F-AA9516C71874.thumb.jpeg.2eb64d872e144fb172e31d59588cf12f.jpeg4443A5F1-2B8F-4B6A-8914-4C73285CF70D.thumb.jpeg.b28722b4ccd89566cc23de5acf5655fe.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Kriega supplied their anchors so two stock units were moved to the pillion pegs & provide a double whammy. One for the OS base & another for rok straps.
   The remaining hole then plugged with appropriate pieces creates a third peg for??? In this case, the elastic from the Nelson Rigg half cover.  All simultaneously usable. More than enough mounts to rule out my interest in any aftermarket fittings.

71DD0B2E-FD2C-49A2-A762-1BEC868527D8.jpeg

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 2

I removed the passenger pegs, then bolted one of these strap tie-down points on each side.

Mount_Points_B_W_240x.jpg?v=1577724285

Easily add a convenient mount point for your soft rack side straps or any other type of straps. The GCAG Mount Point is a sturdy piece of hardware to make it easy to attach soft luggage...

Edited to add pic with Green Chile Adventure Gear soft harness and strap tie-down:

20210808_142900.thumb.jpg.465ad5fbd911b5334da0e340509751d1.jpg

Edited by jdub53
  • Like 1