Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

my T7

Potti619

Hello again, it has taken me a while, But I finally got a few photos of my bike this week.

I have a habit of naming my Bikes, So please say hi to the Lykin.

For the most part I have kept her std, my biggest mod is suspension related, I got rally raid carts and an adventure shock.

The rest of the mods have all been for comfort and to situate my Garmin montana in a usable position.

My plan is to head to Southern Spain next year and find out what she really needs.

IMG_4965.jpg

IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

• Like 3

I’m in Central Portugal. Hoping to get over to Morocco via Gibraltar next year, depending on the situation between Morocco and Algeria! Spain is on my to do list next year, when it warms up a bit. Just cracking up the mileage at the moment to see what mods I need (comfort, safety and convenience).

2 hours ago, DuncMan said:

Welcome! Am hoping to make a trip to southern Spain myself next year. Where are you based? I'm on the Isle of Wight.

I am down in Somerset, where we have very narrow slippery wet trails. Looking forward to testing my bike in a situation more similar to what I grew up riding.

51 minutes ago, NZIAN said:

I’m in Central Portugal. Hoping to get over to Morocco via Gibraltar next year, depending on the situation between Morocco and Algeria! Spain is on my to do list next year, when it warms up a bit. Just cracking up the mileage at the moment to see what mods I need (comfort, safety and convenience).

I recon the 3 best countries to ride in Europe are Spain-Italy & Portugal. I have also always focused on comfort first, unless I know something is lacking (stock suspension, for a big rider). 

I have family in North Somerset, brother and mother. Left the UK in 2001, spent 19 years in NZ and Aus. Now in Portugal as Europe was on my retirement list, but Brexit meant I needed to find a way for more than 3 months in any European country. So, up sticks again and planted ourselves in Portugal. Retired so really not an issue. Had a DR650 in NZ but had to sell that. Spent almost a year researching and agonising over late model bikes before I settled on the T7. At least it will be trail friendly. Tall and heavy but nimble on the move. Heaps of low down grunt and capable of speeds I won’t get near!

4 hours ago, NZIAN said:

I have family in North Somerset, brother and mother. Left the UK in 2001, spent 19 years in NZ and Aus. Now in Portugal as Europe was on my retirement list, but Brexit meant I needed to find a way for more than 3 months in any European country. So, up sticks again and planted ourselves in Portugal. Retired so really not an issue. Had a DR650 in NZ but had to sell that. Spent almost a year researching and agonising over late model bikes before I settled on the T7. At least it will be trail friendly. Tall and heavy but nimble on the move. Heaps of low down grunt and capable of speeds I won’t get near!

Don’t forget, reliable