Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Side Stand Extender to Add Length of Side Stand

CSMRich

Installing new tires on my T7 has increased its height.  The lean angle when the bike is in the side stand to too much.  I'm looking for a way to solve this problem without buying a new expandable side stand.  I see several side stand extenders available to keep the stand from sinking into the ground.  I'm thinking that one should be available that increases the length.  basically, one that has a 1/4 inch or so that rests under the foot of the side stand.  Maybe there's even one available that allows you to place different thickness under the foot.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I bought this one and am very happy with it BUT it is very big surface area and probably wont add more than 10mm height.

I have 3d printed these a couple of times for friends that are much thicker and would there fore add height to the stand.

featured_preview_IMG_0352.jpeg

Sidestand extension for loose/ muddy ground. Fits on Triumph Scrambler 1200. May fit on other Triumph as well. Screws are M5x8 countersunk head.

3 hours ago, williestreet said:

Cheap.  Cut to desired thickness.

8546C4AE-C381-4458-9437-79A1F8808848.jpeg

Surely a Canadian solution.  😄

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Wizbang said:

I bought this one and am very happy with it BUT it is very big surface area and probably wont add more than 10mm height.

I have 3d printed these a couple of times for friends that are much thicker and would there fore add height to the stand.

featured_preview_IMG_0352.jpeg

Sidestand extension for loose/ muddy ground. Fits on Triumph Scrambler 1200. May fit on other Triumph as well. Screws are M5x8 countersunk head.

This is what I was thinking.  the ability to slip on the desired thickness instead of buying and installing a whole new unit.  Having something in variable thicknesses is very beneficial.  In my particular case I installed new tires that added about a half inch, then I set my SAG which required going to the maximum preload and that raised the bike's height.  There are a variety of other variables that over time can increase or decrease the bike's ride height.  An easy to do, variable solution would be great.  Any idea where I can get some printed?  I have a fabrication shop nearby.  Maybe they can hook me up.  Thanks for all for the feedback!