Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Member from British Columbia

ejfranz

I picked up a used T7 with many Mods and 6500 KM on the odometer November 12.

I was beating the crap out of my VStrom 650 off road so decided it was time for a more off road orientated adventure motorcycle.

I also have a Scorpa T-Ride 290 (Trials Hybrid) for extreme single track, a DT200 for the in between terrain and the VStrom for riding with my wife. Not sure if I am going to sell the VStrom.

The T7 did not disappoint off road! This bike has had the front fork internals replaced and a new rear shock along with TCK 80s front and rear.

I did manage to drop it, but that was at a slow speed. 

It will be getting a new rear tire.

T7_lookout.jpg

T7_Damage.jpg

T7_Tires.jpg

• Like 1

For me, I think the bike needs lowering, something done to reduce buffeting, and a simple frame for soft luggage. I'll get heated grips for the cold weather and strengthen those hand guards. The seat gets uncomfortable after an hour, but a short breaks seems to work. It's a great bike, just some personalisation needed.

• Like 1

How much did you end up paying for it? Be interesting to see how the used market is shaping up.

Yet another west (wet) coaster, welcome! Can I ask where you scored the Motoz tire? They’re rare as hens teeth in these parts & even if you can find one, the prices are nothing short of extortionate. Just about given up wanting one as a result. 
  Enjoy the new scoot!

Congrats on the new ride. 

I'm a Lower Mainlander who has

a deposit on a T7 with Daytona for a T7 but probably won't see it for 3-4 months. Nobody knows. I really didn't sniff around to other dealers to check their availability as I'm fine waiting until March. 

I'm a big guy at 230 lbs so I'll be doing the suspension right outta the gate. Woulda loved to snag the scoot you picked up with those mods. 6500 km on a Yamaha is nuthin. 

2 hours ago, BeefTrain said:

How much did you end up paying for it? Be interesting to see how the used market is shaping up.

If we ever meet up at a DSBC event or  The Adventure Rally in Vernon, I will let you know the exact amount..

I paid more that the MRSP, But less than what you would pay before tax from a dealer. 

There were thousands of dollars in after market parts on the bike.

On 11/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, ejfranz said:

If we ever meet up at a DSBC event or  The Adventure Rally in Vernon, I will let you know the exact amount..

I paid more that the MRSP, But less than what you would pay before tax from a dealer. 

There were thousands of dollars in after market parts on the bike.

👍

On 11/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, Hammerhead said:

Yet another west (wet) coaster, welcome! Can I ask where you scored the Motoz tire? They’re rare as hens teeth in these parts & even if you can find one, the prices are nothing short of extortionate. Just about given up wanting one as a result. 
  Enjoy the new scoot!

Maple Ridge Motor Sports. They had one in stock and I put a hold on it and picked it up the following day. Listed at $249.99 but with their 25% off all tires it came to $187.49 before levee and tax.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 12:35 PM, Wetdog said:

Congrats on the new ride. 

I'm a Lower Mainlander who has

a deposit on a T7 with Daytona for a T7 but probably won't see it for 3-4 months. Nobody knows. I really didn't sniff around to other dealers to check their availability as I'm fine waiting until March. 

I'm a big guy at 230 lbs so I'll be doing the suspension right outta the gate. Woulda loved to snag the scoot you picked up with those mods. 6500 km on a Yamaha is nuthin. 

I’m 220 lbs and with my gear easily 230. Suspension works great. I took it out on Burma rd / Florence lake FSR prior to the FSR closures and just hammered the pot holes with no issues.