Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Maine

Stella

Hi everyone, just wanted to check in and see if there any fellow T7's here in Maine/New England. I was very fortunate to pick up mine only after a few days of searching.  Right place at the right time. I've now got just over 800 miles on her and loving every minute. This is my first adventure (non street) bike and to be honest, no clue why it's taken me this long. What a blast this thing has been. My only complaint is that my face hurts after every ride from smiling so much. So many trips planned... It's gonna be a long winter. 

20211118_120259_copy_3000x1689.jpg

20211108_142935_copy_2925x1797.jpg

20211118_141235_copy_2000x1126.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome @Stella - Maine is certainly a beautiful state.  I'm looking to meet up with some of my relatives this summer if the border remains open.  I understand that smile it happens to me just thinking of riding my T7.  Cheers

Edited by Yammybound88
added @username
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard @Stella.  Nice color of bike.  Black are the best.  Does Maine have a long riding season?  Post often.

15 hours ago, Landshark said:

Welcome aboard @Stella.  Nice color of bike.  Black are the best.  Does Maine have a long riding season?  Post often.

Unfortunately, we do not. We get (what feels like) 2 weeks of summer and then rest of the year it's either raining, cold or snowing. But those 2 weeks make up for it. Ha. This is my 1st adventure bike so I'm hoping to extend the season a little longer. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

@Stella Welcome and congrats on snagging what some have deemed a unicorn due to their scarcity in certain areas.  Having camped in some very scenic spots in your area (Schoodic Woods and Millbridge) I can attest to the beauty of Maine. Maybe you'll be the first to convert the T7 into a snowbike? 😉

20211123_073947.jpg

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS