Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Outback motortek crash bars + side panel troubles

Spike4379

Hey fellas,

Anyone else have these crash bars? I got mine on *finally* and I can't seem to get that weird tab that goes nearest the fuel tank to slide in! Surely I can't need to take the bars off to get it on, or am I going to have to?

Talk about wearing me thin.

That tab is designed really weirdly, it looks like you have to rotate the panel almost 90 degrees so the tab points straight down then loop it in somehow, unless I am monumentally missing something (Which I hope)

GOPR1022 - Copy.JPG

You need to hold the panel towards the rear of the bike about an inch or so, and then slide it forward into the slot.  Panel should be straight, no need to twist it. 

It takes a few times to get used to fitting them but be patient.

There is no need to remove crash bars or anything else.  

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, williestreet said:

You need to hold the panel towards the rear of the bike about an inch or so, and then slide it forward into the slot.  Panel should be straight, no need to twist it. 

It takes a few times to get used to fitting them but be patient.

There is no need to remove crash bars or anything else.  

Seriously? hmm. Ill give it another go tomorrow, maybe I'm just stupid. I have been looking around for videos of people putting it back on but they do it so fast. I'm glad I don't have to take them off

Sadly after still trying and rotating, slipping and sliding, that tab will not go in at all. Ill have to take it to yamaha and see if they can slot it in without taking the bars off to show me how its done because its weird as hell. never have i felt so useless

• Sad 1