Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Check out rear end of the new prototype T7

Cruizin

I mean so much, that prototype is so enhanced. the two rear fuel tanks alone make it bulkier. No need for indication or plates since it's a competition bike.

I'm more curious to see where they attached the exhaust, it seems to be on a smaller type of bracket but haven't seen a close enough picture yet.

• Moderators

I see the Rebel X Sports footpegs.

Tough to say, but the mount almost looks like it connects to a tab dropping down from the auxillary tank. Maybe it sneaks in behind direct to subframe.

1.thumb.jpg.9ce5d052e57c3cc9fad997f9b10ad603.jpg2.thumb.jpg.68c7e0ce8b949327f3177406c60fcd3a.jpg3.thumb.jpg.1c9fa01ea6fe49b621fe0da1adb15137.jpg

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I thought so too initially but you can still see it welded on.  They either hack sawed the original off & bolted a different one on with a sleeve linking the tubes or that bolt is something else.

image.png.ae5ee4fef8f54d9112d6bb79a458398d.png

Why the concern over bolt on subframes anyway? Avoiding a write off in the event it gets cranged? Has that even happened to anyone with a welded unit yet?  The likelihood seems slim (unless you’re Pol T…. or trying to be)

I want those rear saddle tanks for mine!

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

20 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

The rear subframe is removable. 

CE3CB5A3-438F-497A-8BD8-E5970D2F5955.jpeg

Like I said.....it looks like they hack sawed the original off, stuck an insert in the tube & clamped a new one on.  Has nothing to do with a production unit.  I hope it is bolt on.  No removable sub on a dirt bike is lame.

12 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

Why the concern over bolt on subframes anyway? Avoiding a write off in the event it gets cranged? Has that even happened to anyone with a welded unit yet?  The likelihood seems slim (unless you’re Pol T…. or trying to be)

Actually yeah. A bolt on frame would have saved me from having to chop up and reweld the rear end of my t7

• Like 2

How many ADV bikes offer a bolt on subframe?  T7 may blur the lines, but it’s not marketed as a dedicated enduro machine nor should it be confused with one. Can’t disagree though, the bolt on would be nice for those rare occasions.