Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rear rack mounting bracket needed - oem yamaha

Redbikejohn

So I bought the whole luggage system on ebay. Side racks, panniers and rear rack. The only problem is that the guy had the rack and panniers on at the same time, so used the side pannier bracket that is built into it.  I want to fit the rear rack on its own for now ...... and don't have the small brackets that go under the rear passenger footage hangers to mount the front part of the rack.

Does anyone have some they don't need and are willing to part with them? Will pay for them of course.  I'm hoping they are available to buy from yamaha but I can't find any sign of them online. Not had a chance to call a dealer yet. I could make something, but its easier to get the proper thing.

Edited by Redbikejohn

• Redbikejohn changed the title to Rear rack mounting bracket needed - oem yamaha
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it seems these are not available separately, or the dealer local to me just couldn't be bothered to call ba k after I explained what I needed. So I knocked up a couple of brackets myself from bits of angle I re-used from work. Fitted quite well. Coated with a couple of layers of hammerite satin black.

Happy with the brackets.  Happy with bars? Well I bought the full set plus boxes for £270 which is a massive saving over the new price of +/- £1200 so I can't complain.  My givi clicks into place nicely and it looks like it'll be well out the way of my wife if she sits on the back ....... but ....... its a big old lump of metal!  Not quite sure why yamaha made it so large. I'm a bit 'on the fence atm' .    Love the bike though! 

20211218_101923.jpg

Edited by Redbikejohn
  • Like 2

Good work bro.  Nothing wrong with that.  Should give you a feeling of accomplishment.  Let's have a picture of the whole bike with the bars installed if you can.

34 minutes ago, Landshark said:

Good work bro.  Nothing wrong with that.  Should give you a feeling of accomplishment.  Let's have a picture of the whole bike with the bars installed if you can.

Thanks. Yes they worked out quite well. Very easy to make as it in made in a simple 90' angle with no fancy twists or turns/angles.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

So I had a request for more pics and sizes so I whipped one off today and snapped some pics.  This is the rhs bracket.

Hah, I ran into the exact same problem, I sold the panniers then was left with the rear rack. I also fabricated brackets, though out of aluminum.

• 1 month later...