Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

EBC VEE Rotors for the Tenere 700

BellissiMoto

• Supporting Vendor

If anyone is looking for a nice Rotor upgrade that won't break the bank, look no further than the VEE Rotor form EBC.  Fully Floating and LIGHTER than stock, if anyone cares (which I do).

Available with Black, Blue, or Red Centers

Black Center, Retail $245 each - Forum Member price $172 each

Blue Center, Retail $265 each - Forum Member price $186 each

Red Center, Retail $265 each - Forum Member price $186 each

Stock vs EBC VEE Rotor:

270904880_EBCVEERotort7.thumb.jpg.b447f882ada0a4e44a8cf73f9621f672.jpg

They have a matching Rear rotor as well, Retail $157, Forum Member price $110

VR2120.jpg.be0d7574ce0fc12fde565127637a43a3.jpg

To get these prices, please message me, or better yet, send an e-mail to info@bellissimoto.com and put ATTN PAUL in the subject line 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BellissiMoto said:

If anyone is looking for a nice Rotor upgrade that won't break the bank, look no further than the VEE Rotor form EBC.  Fully Floating and LIGHTER than stock, if anyone cares (which I do).

Stock vs EBC VEE Rotor:

To get these prices, please message me, or better yet, send an e-mail to info@bellissimoto.com and put ATTN PAUL in the subject line 🙂

Nice @BellissiMoto.

It is worth noting that the lack of power of the T7 rear brake is mostly due to the original rotor supplied by Yamaha. I have replaced the rotors on a number of my bikes and the difference in power and feel is huge. I recently got some feedback from the only person to do as I did (that I know of) and their comment was it might be too much power. I think with a bit of practice or just wearing it in, it will be perfect.

That was a different rotor, but this rotor deserves a go by someone to report back on how much difference it makes. I am guessing it will be a lot better than the original.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BellissiMoto said:

Stock vs EBC VEE Rotor:

Could you tell us the exact model / part number ? I can try to find them in Europe too.

• Supporting Vendor
14 hours ago, 365moto.eu said:

Could you tell us the exact model / part number ? I can try to find them in Europe too.

The front is VR2127, and the rear is VR2120 🙂

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
18 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Nice @BellissiMoto.

It is worth noting that the lack of power of the T7 rear brake is mostly due to the original rotor supplied by Yamaha. I have replaced the rotors on a number of my bikes and the difference in power and feel is huge. I recently got some feedback from the only person to do as I did (that I know of) and their comment was it might be too much power. I think with a bit of practice or just wearing it in, it will be perfect.

That was a different rotor, but this rotor deserves a go by someone to report back on how much difference it makes. I am guessing it will be a lot better than the original.

I'll let you know...I have a set!

🙂

I'm finally getting into the build of my bike, and I'm addressing the braking system big time.  I think, honestly, Yamaha did a great job though.  Aside from rear brake feeling, I think the weak front brakes (as a lot of people say) was designed into this bike for newer off-road riders like me.   After a proper bedding in procedure, the front brakes work great on the street, and are way more powerful than I first thought.

Even so, I have some things planned...muuuhaaa 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BellissiMoto said:

I'll let you know...I have a set!

🙂

I'm finally getting into the build of my bike, and I'm addressing the braking system big time.  I think, honestly, Yamaha did a great job though.  Aside from rear brake feeling, I think the weak front brakes (as a lot of people say) was designed into this bike for newer off-road riders like me.   After a proper bedding in procedure, the front brakes work great on the street, and are way more powerful than I first thought.

Even so, I have some things planned...muuuhaaa 🙂

Yeah I really like(d) the front brakes. I have since changed them out to a single disk for weight reduction but the original fronts worked perfectly for off-road and still good for on-road.

The rear brake though has just been woeful. I am typically a front brake rider but when it gets steep or lots of stop start you really need power and control over the rear brake, and it  just doesn't measure up. Seriously, the bike is so much better with a decent rear brake.

I am looking forward to what you have up your sleeve, but if you get the chance just to try the rear with the new rotor, let us know what you think, you might be surprised.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/10/2021 at 6:21 PM, TimeMachine said:

Yeah I really like(d) the front brakes. I have since changed them out to a single disk for weight reduction but the original fronts worked perfectly for off-road and still good for on-road.

The rear brake though has just been woeful. I am typically a front brake rider but when it gets steep or lots of stop start you really need power and control over the rear brake, and it  just doesn't measure up. Seriously, the bike is so much better with a decent rear brake.

I am looking forward to what you have up your sleeve, but if you get the chance just to try the rear with the new rotor, let us know what you think, you might be surprised.

When you went to a single front disk up front, which one did you remove, and how did you do your brake lines?

4 hours ago, BellissiMoto said:

When you went to a single front disk up front, which one did you remove, and how did you do your brake lines?

I'm single disc too. I removed right side rotor and caliper. I installed a single braided line from the ABS pump to the left caliper.  I have a 310mm disc to install, but need an extended caliper bracket. Do you have one?

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

• Supporting Vendor
15 hours ago, BADDANDY said:

I'm single disc too. I removed right side rotor and caliper. I installed a single braided line from the ABS pump to the left caliper.  I have a 310mm disc to install, but need an extended caliper bracket. Do you have one?

I don't have a caliper bracket unfortunately.

On your brake line...can you show me how you routed it?  I have an idea of what I'm going to do, but I'm always open to see how others do it.

- Paul

4 hours ago, BellissiMoto said:

On your brake line...can you show my how you routed it? 

I didn't realize the new hose, which is the stock right side caliper length, copied the stock fitting to the pipe that runs to the ABS pump, so I modified the pipe (shortened and clamped (not shown)).  I would've routed a correct line the same way mine is now routed.  The only movement lock-to-lock of the line is at the guide on the fork.  That guide is only double-stick tape and zip-tied on, so no stress.  One now unused lower fender guide is reused on the high fender to guide the speed sensor wire.

139781749_10158119629224682_3196758357067114015_n.jpg

20211213_205406.jpg

20211213_205340.jpg

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

11 hours ago, BellissiMoto said:

I don't have a caliper bracket unfortunately.

On your brake line...can you show my how you routed it?  I have an idea of what I'm going to do, but I'm always open to see how others do it.

- Paul

Check with @k4T3M on this forum. I got my caliper bracket through him. Its a perfect fit and wont need any shims or spacers, you just need to get two shorter bolts to replace where the original bolts bolted into the caliper. 

I fit a 320mm rotor on the left side of the wheel. This is probably a mistake because it then meant I needed to trim down the ABS ring to fit the rotor. It would have been easier to mount the rotor on the right side of the wheel, and the brake line routing would have worked better too. I removed the cross-over brake line and fed the original brake line from the ABS unit to the left caliper using the existing line clamps. This leaves the line a little exposed, slightly sticking out from the left fork. It can be done better.

20210901_221926.thumb.jpg.9be719b9104fccd5065ec1d63b03df02.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimeMachine said:

I fit a 320mm rotor on the left side of the wheel. 

Where did you get the rotor?  Before I got the new lines and modified the stock pipe, my initial routing was 180° over the upper fender. Schat!

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

Explainer needed please: I am familiar with the vague feeling rear brake on the T7, and I understand how different Pad Compounds will change braking ( Galfer pads @Camel ADV).

Please explain to me how (these ) Rotors changes braking - feel/effectiveness. Is it just that there are more slots/holes in the Rotor? Or is there more going on?

Thanks all 🙂

• Supporting Vendor

When I get into this part of my build, I'll look more into the brake line routing...

Thanks guys!

@TimeMachine, great to see this! Looking sick. 

For brakelines; Kedo.de has a nice affordable kit of steel brake lines, without needing a big adapter or anything, just a conversion to two cables. Did this mod and am very pleased. 

@BellissiMoto, PM me if I can help out. 

I am also checking the ABS delete plug from FTecu, due to arrive tomorrow. Then we could get rid of the entire ABS system and pounds.

@Aleksandar13; not sure if you are still looking for that, but heads up 🙂

6 hours ago, thepointchris said:

Explainer needed please: I am familiar with the vague feeling rear brake on the T7, and I understand how different Pad Compounds will change braking ( Galfer pads @Camel ADV).

Please explain to me how (these ) Rotors changes braking - feel/effectiveness. Is it just that there are more slots/holes in the Rotor? Or is there more going on?

Thanks all 🙂

There is more going on in the metallurgy of the rotor and its effect on friction. I did a quick Google and came up with this, which is pretty basic. You might find more info elsewhere. What I can say is that replacing rotor and pads completely solves the weak brake issue, whereas changing pads alone (I used EBC HH pads) was not a significant improvement.

White-Jar-Jacked-Up-Under-View-Images-to

Besides price, quality brake rotors differ in design and cooling, the type of iron alloys used to cast the rotor, noise, wear, and overall performance.

@TimeMachine Thx for that, there is a lot going on. I guess I'm just curious if there are clear design issues between the two, or just plain cheap on the OEM unit?

At any rate,  the options available seem to work well.

Cheers