Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

handlebar muffs

bth2

hi,

,im using a pair of second hand oxford muffs and fit, just about. has any body fitted muffs that work well with the tenere.

See the posts from this crazy canuck 😉 @Wintersdark

He's using these - 

IMG_5188__55029.1544410400.386.513.jpg?c

Get OBR Grip Mitts for warm and dry hands! Our ¾ open design terminates right at the wrist, but still offers full coverage of the hand while blocking the swirling air flow that freezes finger tips...

I bought a set, just haven't fitted them yet as I'm not quite as crazy of a canuck as he...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

3 hours ago, bth2 said:

hi,

,im using a pair of second hand oxford muffs and fit, just about. has any body fitted muffs that work well with the tenere.

Yeah, I've got the set linked above.  They are super easy to put on (and to move between bikes, if you've got more), just two velcro straps each.  20211014_112259.thumb.jpg.21031b389c0b0aa05a3869927bbca8a9.jpg

• Like 2

I run the moose knuckles....works good for me on road and off. however, I'm in the pnw, not the coldest climate. 

1639788749662179994263296523898.jpg

Edited by NewAdvRider
Misspelt
  • Like 2

Another vote for the OBR ADV Gear Grip Mitts.

Easy on/off.

Quality US made product with excellent customer service.

• Like 2

I have both full coverage Hippo Hands and a pair of the OBR ADV 3/4 Grip Mitts.

Used the Hippo Hands for many years on other bikes; the maximum coverage/warmth you can get IMHO. Their downside though is if a hand is removed for some reason while underway and you have to get back on the grip very quickly, trying to find that hole/tunnel without looking at it can be tough. Doubly true at night, when you can't even see it (found that out the hard way once during my early morning commute in the dark on the GS).

That's the real beauty of the OBR ADV 3/4 mitts; good coverage and full/easy access to getting a hand back on the grip. I'd say they provide 3/4 the warmth of the full Hippo Hands, and that's fine with me when on the T7.

Here's a pic of each from the rider perspective while sitting on the bike, with the difference obvious:

20211219_070725.thumb.jpg.b334c3644b458f68c65e3a046275ea48.jpg20211219_070736.thumb.jpg.07ec0518a19026df6d7075a98e2015ac.jpg 

• Like 5

Does anyone have tried the heated kappa one with Barkbuster?

I have the barkbuster but I'm not satified with how far they go.

So if anyone know some heated, closed, compatible with barkbuster and with komodo viewport ? It would be the unicorn for me.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:58 PM, Wintersdark said:

Yeah, I've got the set linked above.  They are super easy to put on (and to move between bikes, if you've got more), just two velcro straps each.  20211014_112259.thumb.jpg.21031b389c0b0aa05a3869927bbca8a9.jpg

I've been using these for a few years. They're great even in the fall/spring when its cool, or if rain is in the forecast. Easy on and off, and they don't wrap around my wrists. In combo with the heated grips, they're plenty warm. And OBR is good folks. 

3 hours ago, BLZ2DWL said:

I've been using these for a few years. They're great even in the fall/spring when its cool, or if rain is in the forecast. Easy on and off, and they don't wrap around my wrists. In combo with the heated grips, they're plenty warm. And OBR is good folks. 

Yeah.  I slapped them on my Tracer for a trip over the rockies in late October, was alternatively snowing and pouring rain and near freezing temps.  I had my heated gloves, but never needed to use them, as once your hands are sheltered from the wind and rain (my gloves didn't even get wet!), the heated grips are easily enough to keep them warm.  In fact, I never even needed to turn the heated grips up all the way.  Really fantastic product.  

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered a set of the OBR Grip Mitts.  And I got 10 % off as I used a discount code I found online.  Thanks @Wintersdarkfor the reference.  These are going to be good.  

• Like 2

Yup, I picked up a set last year. Having them paired with heated grips, I’ve been able to wear my thin summer gloves on some very cold days. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 3:42 PM, Landshark said:

I just ordered a set of the OBR Grip Mitts.  And I got 10 % off as I used a discount code I found online.  Thanks @Wintersdarkfor the reference.  These are going to be good.  

They're so great!  I wish I got some years ago, so much better than my heated gloves - they're so bulky.  Heated grips, mitts, and the hands are warm.  Now I only need the heated gloves when it's really f-off cold. 

• Like 1