Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 2-piece clutch perch with switch

Mnpracing

Question

Has anyone found a 2-piece clutch perch that works with the T7 clutch switch?  I want to replace the current clutch perch with a 2-piece clamping perch so that I don't have to take off the grip to get the clutch perch off (to switch handlebars for example).

3 answers to this question

• Supporting Vendor

I had the same need. There are lots of great billet clutch perch/lever set-up ups available but only one had a clutch safety switch. I like the set-up except it's only available with a very short lever (literally one finger). 

https://1fngr.com/collections/1fngr-clutch-levers/products/v3-street-st-perch-1fngr-lever?variant=34423204085921

I ended up getting a used KTM 790 perch and lever assembly on eBay for $90. The KTM set-up has a pig-tail coming out of it rather than the female socket like the T7. I clipped the KTM connector off and crimped some thin male ends on, slide them into the T7 plug and secured everything with fabric type wiring harness tape.

I'll grab some pics when I get to the shop.

• Like 3

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

3 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

I had the same need. There are lots of great billet clutch perch/lever set-up ups available but only one had a clutch safety switch. I like the set-up except it's only available with a very short lever (literally one finger). 

https://1fngr.com/collections/1fngr-clutch-levers/products/v3-street-st-perch-1fngr-lever?variant=34423204085921

I ended up getting a used KTM 790 perch and lever assembly on eBay for $90. The KTM set-up has a pig-tail coming out of it rather than the female socket like the T7. I clipped the KTM connector off and crimped some thin male ends on, slide them into the T7 plug and secured everything with fabric type wiring harness tape.

I'll grab some pics when I get to the shop.

Thank you!  Would appreciate pictures.  I see that www.1fngr.com also has 2-finger perches with a neutral switch, although everything is out-of-stock anyway...