Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Waiting on a T7 in Southern Oregon

SO_Rider

I have a deposit on a '22 in the Portland, OR area. I'm number 8 on the list and dealer said I may not see it until fall '22.  None of the other dealers I spoke with would actually take a deposit. That'll be a long wait! If I can get my hands one sooner I'll jump at the chance but would rather not pay state sales tax. 

In the meantime I'll ride my 2017 WR250R. It's a great bike, just want some more legs for longer adventures. We're fortunate to have BLM and USFS lands right out my back door in Southern Oregon, which offers tons of opportunities to explore and beautiful scenery.  We're been planning a route to Crater Lake that will be almost 100% dirt from our place. Looks to be about 80-100 miles.

We own 15 acres near Azalea, OR, about 30 minutes north of Grants Pass on I-5. We realized after we bought the place we're not far from where the Trans America trail crosses I-5 on the way to/from the coast. In fact it looks like one of the alternate routes passes within 1/4 mile of our place. I've seen a few riders passing through this past year and talked to a few.  I definitely plan to explore some of the ORBDR routes this coming season.

For any of you that might be passing through the area, would love to host other riders from this forum. We have various accommodations for rent -two modest houses and camping options as well. Looks like I can't paste the links her so feel free to drop me a line. 

Ride On!

20211030_152727.jpg

20210228_111820.jpg

Edited by SO_Rider
  • Like 1

• SO_Rider changed the title to Waiting on a T7 in Southern Oregon

Over 2 yrs ago I got on the early deposit wagon & waited almost 8 months. Testament to the continuing popularity of this machine that it’s  still basically the program most places. 
   Savour the anticipation & mine this resource  for ways exceed the bike budget on upgrades while you wait. 
   Your neighbourhood is probably another T7 heaven, enjoy! 

• Like 2

• Moderators

@SO_Rider Welcome to the forum and with picturesque riding areas like that, you'll most likely get visitors.  Regarding the waitng list, don't give up hope, I was #7 on a dealers wait list. This was the best I could hope for after my local dealer screwed up my PDP deposit six ways to Sunday.  After 8 weeks to the day, I got a call from said 2nd dealer about 100 miles away who said they had a red one ( I was holding out for black) and had gone through the first 6 names, who all passed on it.  Two hours later, I was sitting on my new red one and couldn't be happier. Your turn will come and hopefully you'll get a break like I did and it won't be too long.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 2 weeks later...

SO_Rider, wish I had known you in August when I rode right past you riding my Yamaha provided T700 project bike from LA to Portland. I'll PM you.

Neil

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, my search for a T7 appears to have ended. As I mentioned before I had two deposits down with two different dealers one in OR and another in ID. I had also put out a lot of feelers and one of them paid off. The bike was put on the showroom floor last saturday. The original buyer backed out. Several employees also showed interest but were told there would be no employee discount. I was waiting at the dealer first this Tuesday morning and put down my deposit. Scheduled to pick up a 2022 in black at Medford Powersports today. The bike has several mods which increased the price, but most are ones that I was planning to add anyway - crash bars, skid plate, radiator guard, and center stand. 

Will post photos shortly! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SO_Rider said:

Well, my search for a T7 appears to have ended. As I mentioned before I had two deposits down with two different dealers one in OR and another in ID. I had also put out a lot of feelers and one of them paid off. The bike was put on the showroom floor last saturday. The original buyer backed out. Several employees also showed interest but were told there would be no employee discount. I was waiting at the dealer first this Tuesday morning and put down my deposit. Scheduled to pick up a 2022 in black at Medford Powersports today. The bike has several mods which increased the price, but most are ones that I was planning to add anyway - crash bars, skid plate, radiator guard, and center stand. 

Awesome ! Congrats.  I am in Portland. Let’s connect when you are headed North. 

• Like 2

So stoked! Took delivery on Saturday and have had the opportunity to get out for a few quick rides in the last couple of days. First impressions are excellent. I haven't ridden a bike this size in quite some time - the T7 is super easy to handle and felt natural right away. Already have the CamelADV tail tidy ordered. High exhaust mod next, some larger foot pegs and handguards also on the list.   

20220314_165256.jpg

20220313_120331.jpg

• Like 7

Congrats on finally locking one down! Once I get mine I'd love to explore a bit of Oregon on it, enjoy the new ride 😎

• Like 1

AdvCurious - yeah give a shout if you ever get out this way. we have some small acreage here in Southern Oregon. Just a short distance from the TransAmerica Trail and lots of mountains to explore right out the back door!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 10:28 AM, SO_Rider said:

Holding out for a blue one! Black seem to be kind of more available in South Florida still a long wait no matter what color you want. Have a deposit down and still call around to see if I get lucky. Dealer in West Palm sent me email they had a blue one in stock but time I replied a guy drove 1K miles from up north to buy it! Snooze you loose I guess! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Motofinfan said:

Holding out for a blue one! Black seem to be kind of more available in South Florida still a long wait no matter what color you want. Have a deposit down and still call around to see if I get lucky. Dealer in West Palm sent me email they had a blue one in stock but time I replied a guy drove 1K miles from up north to buy it! Snooze you loose I guess! 

The blue probably would have been my preference as well but I jumped at the first opportunity. I was jus tin the right place at the right time, after putting out many feelers. Good luck!

• Like 1