Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Headlight adjustment

Columbo John

Has anyone tried to adjust their headlamp aim on the Tenere?

Mine 'feels' high and I occasionally get flashed by oncoming motorists. I intend running down to a local workshop at some point to put the bike on their MOT light box thingy but wanted to see how the adjustment worked first. 

Basically, turning the knobs either side of the instrument panel made no difference to height of the headlight beam so I'm a bit confused 🤔

• Like 1

Not the best video, but this demonstrates what self adjustment can do - the problem most have is they only turn the adjusters one rotation and expect a difference, which was basically me when I first tried.

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Not the best video, but this demonstrates what self adjustment can do - the problem most have is they only turn the adjusters one rotation and expect a difference, which was basically me when I first tried.

Ahh that's brilliant, thank you. I did exactly the same, rotated the adjuster one turn one way, nothing, one turn the other, still nothing!!  I wish they would mention minor details like this in the owners manual 🤔

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following on from this, I took my bike to a local MOT station and sure enough one beam was slightly high. I went prepared by leaving the winglets at home and having a socket that fitted the adjuster with me. 

First thing to note is that the left hand adjuster moves the right hand beam and visa versa 🤔 and it takes many turns to move the beam a small amount.

Anyway, it is done now, hopefully, no need to adjust again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1