Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

YouTube Videos - 4 day Vic High Country Ride

PaulCave

I have put up a couple of vid's of a recent Victorian High Country ride I did between Christmas and New Years. Have a look if you want to see a fully laden Tenere 700 tackle some of Australia's iconic High Country Tracks (Billy Goats on day 2, Blue Rag on Day 3.https://youtu.be/KYoBDdUD764

• Like 3

Thanks for taking me on that ride.  Next time I'll wear all my gear.  And don't you hate when you get down that gnarly trail only to dead end on day 1.   Thanks for posting that as it was very well done.  

I might be the odd Aussie out but I am not a fan of the Victorian high country. I much prefer the NSW mid-north coast and the New England tablelands.

Will post up yesterday's ride through the tablelands later today.

• Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 1:31 AM, NZIAN said:

Some gnarly looking track there! Great vid! Stock tyres?

No TKC80 front and a Motoz Tractionator Adventure  rear. Very happy with both. To be honest though there isn't a tyre that would grip on loose rocks like we were trying to ride. It all comes down to rider ability which I need to work on :-)).

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 8:18 AM, Rider 101 said:

I might be the odd Aussie out but I am not a fan of the Victorian high country. I much prefer the NSW mid-north coast and the New England tablelands.

Will post up yesterday's ride through the tablelands later today.

We are lucky we have access to such diverse riding here in AU. The Vic High Country is a lot of fairly steep tracks and tends to be rocky rather than muddy. I am not a fan of sand so looking forward to your vid.

On 1/6/2022 at 2:09 AM, Landshark said:

Thanks for taking me on that ride.  Next time I'll wear all my gear.  And don't you hate when you get down that gnarly trail only to dead end on day 1.   Thanks for posting that as it was very well done.  

Thanks appreciate the feedback much appreciated. I try to keep to ATGATT having had a fairly significant off and the gear saving my ass.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 3:31 PM, PaulCave said:

We are lucky we have access to such diverse riding here in AU. The Vic High Country is a lot of fairly steep tracks and tends to be rocky rather than muddy. I am not a fan of sand so looking forward to your vid.

No vid, just a Relive vid with photos. 

Have a look here

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

On 1/17/2022 at 7:08 PM, Wardy said:

Spent 6 days with the wife on the back doing the same area at the same time

The number of 4x4's was crazy

Awesome trip 

To be expected after lockdowns everyone wants to be out there. As a long time 4WDer it would be nice if the 4x4 drivers did a bit of training - might help them remember to keep left and also what it means when an oncoming vehicle raises a couple of fingers in the air. Lost count of the number of waves I got in return.....