Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from CO! Trying to find a T7

JRPCO

Hey all! Wanted to join the forum to say hi and ask a question, so hopefully this is the right place. Just moved out west to CO. Never lived outside of the Northeast and the outdoors out here is just incredible. Been trying to find a T700 at a local dealership but it looks like I am going to have to place a deposit for an order expected mid-summer....bleh....  Owned a few bikes but never an ADV and feels like the Tenere would be the perfect fit. Looking for something that can chew through some road miles to get to the trails (light off-road stuff, two-track, fire roads, etc) to have some fun and then get back. 

This will potentially be the first bike that I am going to buy new....ever, and I am beyond hyped. Problem is absolutely nobody has one in stock or on a lot. And I feel like it would be absolutely insane to place an order for a bike like this without seeing it in person and throwing a leg over to see if it feels like a fit. So here is the question that hopefully someone might be able to help me out with (or point me to a better forum to ask):

Does anyone in the Denver, CO area have a Tenere 700 that they might be willing to let me see in-person and potentially sit on? I really just want to see what the bike feels like before I spend a couple of years worth of saving on my first new bike. Thank you!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JRPCO said:

Hey all! Wanted to join the forum to say hi and ask a question, so hopefully this is the right place. Just moved out west to CO. Never lived outside of the Northeast and the outdoors out here is just incredible. Been trying to find a T700 at a local dealership but it looks like I am going to have to place a deposit for an order expected mid-summer....bleh....  Owned a few bikes but never an ADV and feels like the Tenere would be the perfect fit. Looking for something that can chew through some road miles to get to the trails (light off-road stuff, two-track, fire roads, etc) to have some fun and then get back. 

This will potentially be the first bike that I am going to buy new....ever, and I am beyond hyped. Problem is absolutely nobody has one in stock or on a lot. And I feel like it would be absolutely insane to place an order for a bike like this without seeing it in person and throwing a leg over to see if it feels like a fit. So here is the question that hopefully someone might be able to help me out with (or point me to a better forum to ask):

Does anyone in the Denver, CO area have a Tenere 700 that they might be willing to let me see in-person and potentially sit on? I really just want to see what the bike feels like before I spend a couple of years worth of saving on my first new bike. Thank you!

Where in the NE did you Live?  Best to drop a deposit now and if you change your mind recoup and let some one know a bike is in inventory.  It’s a tall bike and plenty of uses short of narly single track.

Edited by ADVUSA

4 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

Where in the NE did you Live?  Best to drop a deposit now and if you change your mind recoup and let some one know a bike is in inventory.  It’s a tall bike and plenty of uses short of snarly single track.

Southern CT, near Norwalk! But life took me out west and I love it out here.

I have been considering just dropping the deposit, but I feel like trying to find a kind soul who would let me sit on one would be best. The height is definitely a bit of a concern. But I think getting a feel for it would either solidify that it's a good choice for me or if I should just consider completely different bike options.

11 minutes ago, JRPCO said:

Southern CT, near Norwalk! But life took me out west and I love it out here.

I have been considering just dropping the deposit, but I feel like trying to find a kind soul who would let me sit on one would be best. The height is definitely a bit of a concern. But I think getting a feel for it would either solidify that it's a good choice for me or if I should just consider completely different bike options.

I lived in Norwalk for a bit, good move. I’m here in CT to assist some people in need. Understandable,  offer some cash for a ride. Good luck and enjoy CO!

Edited by ADVUSA

• 11 months later...

You can rent them in Lakewood Co. (W. Denver) @ FrontRange Adventure rentals. They have a dozen of them. I went up & rented one for 3 days & rode all through the mountains. Got back to Texas & put down my deposit, 4 maths later it showed up.   The 2023’s are out & it appears either the supply is increasing or the initial demand is slowed down as there seems more showing up @ dealers. The Yamaha website has a locator function in it, you might get lucky with a few phone calls & nab one.  When you go to FrontRange they are attached to G-Force Powersports (Yamaha Dealer) & can order you one.  They will sell off their fleet of rentals at some point when they get new ones in.  Good Luck & let us know how it goes!

I'm up in Longmont you can come and sit on my bike if you'd like.  There is one currently listed on Facebook Marketplace  in Fort Collins/ Loveland appears to be a dealer. There is another listed on Craigslist in southern Colorado used with lots of farkles.  Used ones pop up on FB and CL but usually go fast, that's how I bought mine I had alerts set up I called within minutes of the ad being posted and went and bought it.  The owner said that he had tons of calls but I was first in line. 

Edited by Jesse