Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

48mm RTX plug n play Forks and TTX Flow RALLYE X-Trig Shock by Ohlins

pgeldz

Has anyone seen this yet?  Thoughts? Can't seem to find any info on US sites, just these two links and a few other e-tailers overseas.

Öhlins 48mm RTX fork kit Yamaha Tenere 700

GK-OE-T700-OEhlins-48mm-RTX-Gabelkit-Yam

Ohlins 48mm RTX Gabelkit Yamaha Tenere 700 Extrem hochwertiges komplettes USD Gabelumbaukit für die Yamaha Tenere 700. Mit diesem Gabelset…

Öhlins TTX Flow RALLYE shock absorber X-Trig Yamaha Tenere 700

FDB-OE-T700-TTXX-OEhlins-TTX-Flow-RALLYE

Öhlins TTX Flow RALLYE Federbein mit X-Trig Federvorspannung Yamaha Tenere 700 Brandneues Öhlins Federbein mit der revolutionären…

Saw somewhere, (maybe ADVrider) someone had fitted both.

Nice looking kit, but many more products out there offer similar or better performance for less money.

Just because it's Gold doesn't make it great.

Great performance is possible with stock items, but you need to find the right suspension shop.  That is the real issue. 

• Like 3

On 1/10/2022 at 2:27 PM, williestreet said:

Saw somewhere, (maybe ADVrider) someone had fitted both.

Nice looking kit, but many more products out there offer similar or better performance for less money.

Just because it's Gold doesn't make it great.

Great performance is possible with stock items, but you need to find the right suspension shop.  That is the real issue. 

For sure. I already have my suspension sorted out, but it's not installed yet, and when I saw this I was wondering why I didn't see it previously...now I know why.  It's not an official Ohlins product.  Another company used Ohlins components and made all the other bits so it's plug and play on the Tenere.

Not bad at all, and I do like this idea, but it IS very expensive.  🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a full set of these TTX front and back and they transform the bike, and anyone who road raced or off road races at the top level at speed knows that the technology contained in these TTX double chamber forks and shocks make for phenomenal suspension performance, but, if your not riding fast then yes these are overkill, but if you are then these are probably the best suspension for a T700. The nice thing is the forks come with custom billet machined triple trees ready to bolt up plus there is an increase in suspension travel front and rear. All the stock parts, fender, brakes, ABS sensor, axle etc all bolt up to these custom machines bottom drop outs so no modifying is necessary. The only trick is you have to remove the blind bolts that hold the ignition assembly on and then use the supplied new bolts for reassembly. Before you knock these as overpriced or the same performance can be had at a lot lower price try them first, also if Ohlins were not the best then why are the majority of Moto GP and World Superbikes fitted with the same technology. Last Ohlins does manufacture the suspension components, an Italian company makes the triple trees etc. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Redneckj said:

Ok, I’m off to get my complete Ohlins suspension.  BRB.  

image.jpeg.726b4d329c490592723b0f604fc4f1ce.jpeg

You get what you pay for........

But it's not the kind of money everybody has lying around.
I was planning to sell 2 off my 3 bikes, use a bit for buying another cheaper 2nd bike, another bit for suspension upgrade and the rest goes into my savings account for other plans i have. Not use all of it on suspension and an even cheaper 2nd bike.

I also ordere a pair!

I've own the Öhlins Series 08424-xx Fork Springs, and Öhlins Fork Oil, as well as the Öhlins FKA114 Cartridge Kit, but when riding it hard, there's to much flex in the forks, so I switch to the 48mm and to keep the bike in balance I ordere also the TTX Flow rear show, that's going to replace the Öhlins S46PR1C1S rear shock.  

Keep you up to date 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, random1781 said:

@TheT7rider what's your verdict?

He can’t reply… can no longer afford to. 😁

I didn’t realise so many of you on here were the mega rich who run the world secretly😂

us brits sold our souls for mortgages. That’s why we’re so particular about our property borders. 🍺

never understood why were the only ones who pay so much of our wages on property. Going off subject a little here…….I’ll get my coat. 😁
Back to suspension, really nice kit but I’ll settle with a new spring and some work done. 

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dougie said:

He can’t reply… can no longer afford to. 😁

I didn’t realise so many of you on here were the mega rich who run the world secretly😂

us brits sold our souls for mortgages. That’s why we’re so particular about our property borders. 🍺

never understood why were the only ones who pay so much of our wages on property. Going off subject a little here…….I’ll get my coat. 😁
Back to suspension, really nice kit but I’ll settle with a new spring and some work done. 

Well I'm swapping out a 1290 for a T7, so I ought to be able to grab two sets of these and be fine! That'd be like having 96mm forks.

But seriously, I have a lot of weight on the bike and still enjoy aggressive riding. I'd rather that bag of cash go towards cases of beer, but if there's a significant increase in performance, reliability, or safety, I'd entertain the idea.

• Haha 1

advgoats.com

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, JB700 said:

How much is the new kit?

48mm RTX Forks and TTX Shock

A home equity line of credit would help with the purchase.   

• Haha 1

I just ordered the standard (peasant grade) Ohlins stuff. If I had endless budget however, no doubt I would have went for these instead!

On 10/17/2022 at 11:58 AM, JB700 said:

How much is the new kit?

48mm RTX Forks and TTX Shock

To much! But it’s worth every penny!

I am going to ride rally’s with my bike, that’s why the upgrade, otherwise the Öhlins cartridge swap and the STX46 would be enough for pleasure riding.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:53 PM, Mark Norris said:

I installed a full set of these TTX front and back and they transform the bike, and anyone who road raced or off road races at the top level at speed knows that the technology contained in these TTX double chamber forks and shocks make for phenomenal suspension performance, but, if your not riding fast then yes these are overkill, but if you are then these are probably the best suspension for a T700. The nice thing is the forks come with custom billet machined triple trees ready to bolt up plus there is an increase in suspension travel front and rear. All the stock parts, fender, brakes, ABS sensor, axle etc all bolt up to these custom machines bottom drop outs so no modifying is necessary. The only trick is you have to remove the blind bolts that hold the ignition assembly on and then use the supplied new bolts for reassembly. Before you knock these as overpriced or the same performance can be had at a lot lower price try them first, also if Ohlins were not the best then why are the majority of Moto GP and World Superbikes fitted with the same technology. Last Ohlins does manufacture the suspension components, an Italian company makes the triple trees etc. 

You got a point there but Renault and Honda have won many F1 titles and their production cars are not the best. Custom made race stuff has nothing to do with production.

Ohlins has swapped owners many times and it has affected their R&D and customer service, it is not the company it used to be. Offroad wise, WP is monopolizing the field with a piece of the cake for KYB and Showa.