Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Heed crash bar fitment issue?

Ace402

Anyone else have fitment issues with the Heed Bunker bars?

Installed the first two bolts per the instructions and this is how the rest lined up. Loosened the first two bolts and it didn’t help the line up at all. 

4222E6E9-E052-42E0-A2F8-053F0A90A5BA.jpeg

0C1D2FBD-823D-4B00-BC6D-49BD60F81A73.jpeg

Could you put the bolts in the part that isn't lining up first and see how it goes?  I like to very loosely put the bolts in first and struggle from there.  Then if it doesn't line up, time to do a return.  I hope you don't have to do that. 😬 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Landshark said:

Could you put the bolts in the part that isn't lining up first and see how it goes?  I like to very loosely put the bolts in first and struggle from there.  Then if it doesn't line up, time to do a return.  I hope you don't have to do that. 😬 

Probably should have tried that. I just got done putting the bike back together. 

I just tried holding the bar up to the bike with the stock bolts in. Definitely doesn’t line up. It’s showing the same gaps as it did with the bolts out. I tried the right hand side and they seemed to line up well.

• Like 1

Also, the bottom bolt on the engine mount up towards the top of the engine with the triangle bracket stripped when I removed it. I ended up chasing all the bolt threads with a tap to remove excess threadlocker 

• Sad 1

Then call or email them or go back to the dealer and see what can be done.  I bet it will work when alls said and done.  

27 minutes ago, Landshark said:

Then call or email them or go back to the dealer and see what can be done.  I bet it will work when alls said and done.  

I just emailed Heed the pictures. I’ll report back on what they say.

• Like 1

I installed a set of Heed Bunkers last year, had them powder coated Red & installed with no issues. You only put the bolts in loosely as per there directions & then tighten as per directions.

Hope you get it sorted. Don't have a pic of the full Heed Bunkers but this is the area you show.20211209_110754.thumb.jpg.d7b080c0aa23fb6ef882c25c70b198f2.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 1:03 PM, Bighopper said:

I installed a set of Heed Bunkers last year, had them powder coated Red & installed with no issues. You only put the bolts in loosely as per there directions & then tighten as per directions.

Hope you get it sorted. Don't have a pic of the full Heed Bunkers but this is the area you show.20211209_110754.thumb.jpg.d7b080c0aa23fb6ef882c25c70b198f2.jpg

Oh!  I love the red powdercoated bars.   Wonderful!

1 hour ago, Ace402 said:

Heed said it was damaged during shipping. They are sending me a new bar. They are very polite and easy to work with. 

Great news.  Happy you got it sorted out.  Nothing worse than an unhappy Tenere rider.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2022 at 10:42 AM, Ace402 said:

Heed said it was damaged during shipping. They are sending me a new bar. They are very polite and easy to work with. 

My bars arrived damaged and they requested additional photos and then never replied to me again. Emailed them a few times over the weeks to follow up and they have just ignored me.